Need help with Fritz!

Simon Reefing

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
Hello everyone! I just used some fritz 900 turbostart and it smelled really bad? Is this normal? Is it just the bacteria it was still in the used date. It smelled like ammonia

OP
OP
Simon Reefing

Simon Reefing

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
Most of the bottled bacteria has a sewer smell to it. Pretty normal.
It was like a dead bacteria smell more than sewer. It kinda burnt my noise after smelling it lol. I didn't know if that was an issue. I bought it before and my brother just got it from the same dealer with a slight smell but mine was nock your socks off really strong

Flippers4pups

Fins up since 1993
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
It was like a dead bacteria smell more than sewer. It kinda burnt my noise after smelling it lol. I didn't know if that was an issue. I bought it before and my brother just got it from the same dealer with a slight smell but mine was nock your socks off really strong

If the lid was tight and or sealed, it should be okay.

ZoWhat

7500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I use my Fritz turbostarter as an au jus dipping sauce for my roast beef sandwiches

Kidding.

You haven't lived the ReefLife until you've spontaneously puked down the front of your shirt when cleaning out a skimmer cup.

The message sent from your nose >>>> to your brain >>>> to you gag reflect is almost instantaneous

OP
OP
Simon Reefing

Simon Reefing

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
I use my Fritz turbostarter as an au jus dipping sauce for my roast beef sandwiches

Kidding.

You haven't lived the ReefLife until you've spontaneously puked down the front of your shirt when cleaning out a skimmer cup.

The message sent from your nose >>>> to your brain >>>> to you gag reflect is almost instantaneous

Hahaha yes I learned the hard way it really was almost instant. And hey it might make your sandwhichs taste good could be some secret sauce

OP
OP
Simon Reefing

Simon Reefing

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0

Kidding.

I just wanted to let you know I almost puked down my shirt haha. I finally had a thick collection cup on my nyos that my redsea wouldn’t do and let me just say that was way worse than the fritz. I can not describe how nasty the smell was lol

brandon429

why did you put a reef in that
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I would have never guessed it smelled from a normal batch, in all these cycling posts we never bothered to check. potency, I like. I hear it has bits of actual tiger in it

OP
OP
Simon Reefing

Simon Reefing

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
I would have never guessed it smelled from a normal batch, in all these cycling posts we never bothered to check. potency, I like. I hear it has bits of actual tiger in it
Haha it must be it cycled my tank in 4 days. The first time I used it there was a smell but not as bad like the last bottle that one competed with my skimmer smell lol

High pressure shells: Do you look for signs of stress in the invertebrates in your reef tank?

• I regularly look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 41 32.0%
  • I occasionally look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 29 22.7%
  • I rarely look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 25 19.5%
  • I never look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 33 25.8%
  • Other.

Votes: 0 0.0%
Back