Need help with H2Ocean Compact ATO (urgent)

maleks.reef

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hi everyone. I bought a H2Ocean (DD) ATO 4-5 months ago. 2 days ago the pump just stopped working. The sensor seems to be working fine as it blinks and turns solid when it should, however, the pump isnt pushing any RODI through to the tank. It was working in the morning and a few hours later it just stopped working. Any ideas? Has anyone experienced something similar? This is ATO was NOT cheap, it is very frustrating that something is wrong. Please help. thanks.

This is the pump
WhatsApp Image 2021-08-12 at 7.32.30 PM.jpeg

dwair

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hi everyone. I bought a H2Ocean (DD) ATO 4-5 months ago. 2 days ago the pump just stopped working. The sensor seems to be working fine as it blinks and turns solid when it should, however, the pump isnt pushing any RODI through to the tank. It was working in the morning and a few hours later it just stopped working. Any ideas? Has anyone experienced something similar? This is ATO was NOT cheap, it is very frustrating that something is wrong. Please help. thanks.

This is the pump
WhatsApp Image 2021-08-12 at 7.32.30 PM.jpeg
Not sure if you can disconnect it from the sensor and use it as a normal pump to make sure the pump isn't burned out? Other than that, its probably the sensor failing you.

OP
OP
maleks.reef

maleks.reef

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Not sure if you can disconnect it from the sensor and use it as a normal pump to make sure the pump isn't burned out? Other than that, its probably the sensor failing you.
Unfortunately no I can not disconnect the pump and use it independently. Also, what makes you think it is the sensor? Its barely 5 months old, why would it just stop working randomly?

OP
OP
maleks.reef

maleks.reef

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I should add, the day the ATO stopped working, the tank's water level was low quite a bit, so when I finally refilled the reservoir the ato kept putting water in for a good 30 seconds before it stopped and started blinking red. Could it be that maybe the pump was overworked because it was on for too long?

MrDLHughesY

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Check to see if there is water in the actual sensor itself which will be telling the pump the water level is ok.I had the same problem and that’s what was wrong with mine I sent mine back and swapped it for the tmc one as it was only 3 months old.

OP
OP
maleks.reef

maleks.reef

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Check to see if there is water in the actual sensor itself which will be telling the pump the water level is ok.I had the same problem and that’s what was wrong with mine I sent mine back and swapped it for the tmc one as it was only 3 months old.
By sent it back you mean you contacted DD h2ocean and they refunded you?
Edit: The pump flashes when the water level drops below the sensor, which is what it is supposed to do but no water comes. It also remains a solid green color when the water line is on the sensor, which again, is what it is supposed to do. Thats why i think the issue might be with the pump. Im really frustrated at this point. The LFS said they couldnt replace it or anything of that sort. A 100$ piece of equipment that failed in 4 months.. What a scam.

MrDLHughesY

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
By sent it back you mean you contacted DD h2ocean and they refunded you?
Edit: The pump flashes when the water level drops below the sensor, which is what it is supposed to do but no water comes. It also remains a solid green color when the water line is on the sensor, which again, is what it is supposed to do. Thats why i think the issue might be with the pump. Im really frustrated at this point. The LFS said they couldnt replace it or anything of that sort. A 100$ piece of equipment that failed in 4 months.. What a scam.
I just took mine back to the lfs I bought it from and exchanged it and paid the difference. But yeah I’m sure if you contact dd they would replace it as it’s not even 12months old yet.

High pressure shells: Do you look for signs of stress in the invertebrates in your reef tank?

• I regularly look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 36 31.3%
  • I occasionally look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 28 24.3%
  • I rarely look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 21 18.3%
  • I never look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 30 26.1%
  • Other.

Votes: 0 0.0%
Back