Need help with Icecap K1 Nano skimmer

thamnasteroid

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Joined
Aug 24, 2020
Messages
3,667
Reaction score
3,013
Location
US
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
I need help with the skimmer on my mom’s tank. It is not sucking in any air. The air tube is connected to the venturi and there is no water in the air silencer.
66B128F6-8960-4A39-A518-EE4CCAAC44E9.jpeg
 
Blow through the upper tube as pump inlet may be clogged
 
Next would be to look at the pump itself as suggested. May need a simple cleaning. I had this unit and went to the K2-50. Very reliable unit
 
I checked the pump, the needle wheel was a little dirty so I cleaned it. That didn’t work. I also checked the inlet, air tube, and Venturi. It seems to be fine. I think I know the problem. I think the pump is not sucking in any air. However, I don’t know why.
Here are some pictures.
4F1DA416-4E01-449B-B69D-3D7D4B36BAB1.jpeg

24E7953F-1E31-4105-BCB9-6B710BE5AF77.jpeg
F693346B-12FE-447A-86C6-6A70798B1035.jpeg
F5FF45B3-15E7-4DEA-9142-9CDD573FD409.jpeg
1A17547D-8DA1-43F8-B1B3-F1A58BA7DFFE.jpeg
 
I figured out what was wrong with it. There was this thing in the inlet of the skimmer that I took out.
 

TOP 10 Trending Threads

WHAT DOES YOUR REEFING AREA LOOK LIKE BETWEEN MAINTENANCE SESSIONS?

  • Clean and tidy—everything gets put away

    Votes: 11 44.0%
  • Mostly cleaned up, but a few tools stay out

    Votes: 7 28.0%
  • Organized chaos—I know where everything is

    Votes: 4 16.0%
  • Enter at your own risk! Buckets, hoses, and towels are basically permanent fixtures

    Votes: 1 4.0%
  • It depends on where I am in the maintenance cycle...

    Votes: 1 4.0%
  • The tsunami hit. Hard.

    Votes: 1 4.0%
  • A different take... (Post in the comments)

    Votes: 0 0.0%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new