Need help with my GSP

  • Thread starter Thread starter cdemoss01
  • Start date Start date
  • Tagged users Tagged users None

cdemoss01

5000 Club Member
View Badges
Joined
Sep 8, 2023
Messages
6,338
Reaction score
21,854
Location
Roanoke
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hello,
Been a minute since I've actually posted about coral on here.. I have a small rock with some GSP on it and I want it to spread to the rest of the rock in the photo below. It's not attached to this rock it's just a small sawed of price with GSP on it that I wedged into it. It won't grow whatsoever, the reason it's closed up is because I moved it. What can I do to help it?
1000002647.jpg
 
Brother, it will take off on its own. Make sure your parameters are in check and pretty soon you'll be asking how to get rid of it! 😂
 
Brother, it will take off on its own. Make sure your parameters are in check and pretty soon you'll be asking how to get rid of it! 😂
I just want it to carpet.. I wanna have a small colony all over that part of the rocks, is it possible to have a small colony and hammers growing on the rock with it?
 
Yes, the hammers will keep it back. You may need to scrape the GSP if it encroaches on the hammer skeleton.
^^^ Yep, just what I was about to say. It’s super easy to scrape off thankfully!
 
Yes, the hammers will keep it back. You may need to scrape the GSP if it encroaches on the hammer skeleton.
Interesting.. I know some reefers HATE GSP but I love it.
 
I like it too if you can contain it on a rock or on the back glass. I love how it flows and moves in the current.
Can it climb up the back wall? If so that'd be incredible..
 
For more contained GSP, you could do the branching version if it becomes too much of a nuisance for the hammer.
 

TOP 10 Trending Threads

WHAT IS THE BIGGEST REASON YOU ATTEND A FRAG SWAP?

  • Finding unusual or hard-to-find corals

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Better prices than buying online

    Votes: 2 40.0%
  • Trading or selling my own frags

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Meeting other reefers

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Learning from vendors and hobbyists

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Seeing corals in person before buying

    Votes: 3 60.0%
  • Supporting the local reefing community

    Votes: 1 20.0%
  • I don’t have frag swaps nearby

    Votes: 1 20.0%
  • Other (Post in the comments)

    Votes: 0 0.0%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new