Need help with pink sea cucumber

  • Thread starter Thread starter SaraHaas
  • Start date Start date
  • Tagged users Tagged users None

SaraHaas

New Member
View Badges
Joined
Aug 11, 2020
Messages
1
Reaction score
0
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hi. I bought a used tank that had mostly rock, a few snails, a file fish, a watchman goby and 1 pink sea cucumber. The cucumber is about 8 inches long. It is the sand eating variety. This cucumber pops plenty of sand pellets. However, it crawls all over the tank including the walls and because of this I feel it is hungry and not getting enough nutrition. Does anyone know of anything I could target feed it? Would algae pellets or unfrozen fish be appropriate. I can definitely tell when it is active. Any thoughts here? Attached photo from last night.

20201012_094812.jpg
 
I know for sand sifting starfish, and fish that sift sand people say to mix mysis into the sand bed- not sure if the same applies for sea cucumbers. My guess is anything from reef roids to pellets to frozen foods would work, since anything that is in the sand passes through the digestive system. Best of luck- it's a beautiful little thing.
 
I know for sand sifting starfish, and fish that sift sand people say to mix mysis into the sand bed- not sure if the same applies for sea cucumbers. My guess is anything from reef roids to pellets to frozen foods would work, since anything that is in the sand passes through the digestive system. Best of luck- it's a beautiful little thing.

+1

i do this 2-3 times a week for my sea cucumbers.
 

TOP 10 Trending Threads

HOW LONG HAVE YOU PERSONALLY KEPT YOUR LONGEST-SERVING CURRENT RESIDENT?

  • Under 1 year

    Votes: 1 11.1%
  • 1 to under 3 years

    Votes: 2 22.2%
  • 3 to under 5 years

    Votes: 2 22.2%
  • 5 to under 10 years

    Votes: 1 11.1%
  • 10 to under 20 years

    Votes: 2 22.2%
  • 20+ years

    Votes: 1 11.1%
  • I’ve lost track

    Votes: 0 0.0%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new