Need help with powerhead placement

Willbiker

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hi all.

I cant get my flow configured properly. Here is my tank which has single line of rocks in the centre.Ignore the pump and green hose.
20210106_165228.jpg

I have currently have a jebae cp55 cross flow on the upper left , a reef flow 15000lph wave maker on the front right and a constant flow powerhead on the rear right. I also have my return line in the top left blowing across the surface also.Here is the flow patten I get.
20210106_170146.jpg

The flow clashes over my sps which is good but it then smashes into the sand and not only blasts all the sand down to one end but also only allows for a single directional flow.

The tank is viewable from both sides so I have tried to avoid powerheads on the two main large sides.

Can anyone advice on placement of my powerheads to give the best random flow and the modes you would put each powerhead on? I've tried everything I can think of. If I lower the speeds, the sand shifting stops but the flow is pants!

Last edited:
OP
OP
Willbiker

Willbiker

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Bump! If this was your tank with this rock structure, where would you place the powereads and where would you position sps, lps and softies?

Back