need help with red sea max e 170 bulkhead

AKAGuyver

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
has anyone found pipes / fittings to fit the red sea max e170 bulkhead? Ive found info on the reefer but dont know if its the same. have all the acrylic to uild my sump / refugium but really need to get the plumbing squared away. ive heard the use 32 mm pipe but when measuring the plug in bulkhead looks closer to 1.75" not 1.25 (32mm) any help greatly appreciated, dont want to drain the bulkhead only to find out i need different parts. thanks for any help

Cory

More than 25 years reefing
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Sometimes its a push connect and glue in the inside of the pipe.

OP
OP
AKAGuyver

AKAGuyver

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
i dont think id trust a push connect on 3 bulkhead pipes. theres gotta be a bulkhead solution that fits metric or otherwise. the o-ring in a bulkhead should allow some play if the pipe isnt a 100% fit or am i wrong?

Cory

More than 25 years reefing
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Id trust it if glued with a union to be able to remove it or just a flexible hose with a ss hose clamp in place. But id prefer it glued. There are solutions but they are online purchases usually. Also if you can find normal bulkheads you can plumb it normally.

OP
OP
AKAGuyver

AKAGuyver

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
ya im looking at bulkhead options i actually got the 170 complete for free :) the original owner had 2 tanks, one of which broke and is now a partially filled hermit crab tank so i can go over there unscrew the plugs in the union and see what standard size pipe options fit. i was about to pull the plug on the 120$ sed sea plumbing sump upgrade cause it seems like everyone is using the stock plumbing and adapting off that but i would really like to find a 100% standard solution, the forums are full of people dealing with this problem so if i can figure it out, fix my tank and help some people along the way ill make sure i post a video diagram and parts used. thanks for the reply would like to get @Broadfield or any other experienced red sea modders opinions, lets keep this thread going all options on the table :)

BelleReef

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
ya im looking at bulkhead options i actually got the 170 complete for free :) the original owner had 2 tanks, one of which broke and is now a partially filled hermit crab tank so i can go over there unscrew the plugs in the union and see what standard size pipe options fit. i was about to pull the plug on the 120$ sed sea plumbing sump upgrade cause it seems like everyone is using the stock plumbing and adapting off that but i would really like to find a 100% standard solution, the forums are full of people dealing with this problem so if i can figure it out, fix my tank and help some people along the way ill make sure i post a video diagram and parts used. thanks for the reply would like to get @Broadfield or any other experienced red sea modders opinions, lets keep this thread going all options on the table :)
Any luck? I want to add a refugium to my e170 and I’m afraid of leaky connections!

Yeet.Reefing

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0

I used a fiji cube sump, all I did was bend the pipes below, but I would assume you can buy extra fittings for a hard plumbing if you want a cleaner look
Screen Shot 2021-02-04 at 5.47.48 PM.png

When to mix up fish meal: When was the last time you tried a different brand of food for your reef?

• I regularly change the food that I feed to the tank.

Votes: 45 21.5%
  • I occasionally change the food that I feed to the tank.

Votes: 72 34.4%
  • I rarely change the food that I feed to the tank.

Votes: 69 33.0%
  • I never change the food that I feed to the tank.

Votes: 19 9.1%
  • Other.

Votes: 4 1.9%
Back