Need help with retrofiting my 29 gal biocube with leds

shawn_r_g86

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
hi every one just need some help with picking out the leds I need for retrofitting my 29 gal biocube with leds? I don't know how many I will need? what colors are the best to use? and what dose the lenses on them do? if anyone can help that will be awesome. thanks everyone.

glb

7500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I asked this question about my 12g nano and Steve's LEDs were recommended. I'd suggest checking out their website.

Sent Via the R2R Forum APP
12g Nanoreef. Zooanthids, Ricordia, Star Polyps and two clownfish. CF Lighting, 75% actinic blue, 25% 10,000k white.

OP
OP
S

shawn_r_g86

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I seen that he is charging way to much for me and rapidled.com is cheep if you have aluminum. I am only going to use 20 leds.

ontop27

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Very small tank for dwarf lionfish.. Live aquaria recommends a fifty or bigger
Sent from my DROID RAZR using Tapatalk 2

OP
OP
S

shawn_r_g86

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
From what I read thay don't need much like 30 to 50 for a fuzzy dwarf lionfish mine is only like 2 to 3 inches anyway so I don't think is going to be problem plus the pet sore I got it from said it wiuld be fine.

ontop27

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
From what I read thay don't need much like 30 to 50 for a fuzzy dwarf lionfish mine is only like 2 to 3 inches anyway so I don't think is going to be problem plus the pet sore I got it from said it wiuld be fine.

One thing about this hobby.. Never trust the fish store unless you know them personally.. Luckily in my area 2 out of the five stores are sponsors on my local thread. I really only shop with them. Everyone else is just trying to make a sale
Sent from my DROID RAZR using Tapatalk 2

OP
OP
S

shawn_r_g86

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Well I have known my people cor a year or so now and thay know there crap and I also done some research on it but I dident make this thread to argue about what cish I am going to put in it. Thanks for the concern.

mebo926

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I have the same tank and just re did my lights. I went on eBay and bought the retro fit kit. It came with a 50/50 mix of blues and whites. One thing I will say it invest in a new reflector to install with. You can re use the fans you have. The switch is well worth it.

Sent Via the R2R Forum APP

OP
OP
S

shawn_r_g86

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I also have everything I dident even buy the tank from them I bought the lion fish a long time a go and I want to get difrent fish In my 180

Form or function: Do you consider your rock work to be art or the platform for your coral?

• Primarily art focused.

Votes: 18 7.9%
  • Primarily a platform for coral.

Votes: 39 17.2%
  • A bit of each - both art and a platform.

Votes: 153 67.4%
  • Neither.

Votes: 11 4.8%
  • Other.

Votes: 6 2.6%
Back