Need help with salt mix

Anytka

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hello, I am new to the hobby and I think I made a mistake when ordering the salt. I got Tropic Marine Bio active. I do not carbon dose and I don’t think I should use this mix. What can happen if I use it? I have biocube 32 and have LPS and softie tank with two clown fish, two pajama cardinals and fire fish. My current salt mix is Tropic Marine pro. My parameters alk 8, phosphate, ammonia, nitrites -0; ph 8, nitrates < 10.

fishguy242

Cronies..... INSERT BUILD THREAD BADGE HERE !!
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
imo ,you will be fine ,no need to carbon dose with,just a little more elements ,think your corals will love it,jmo,wait for more responses ;)

Cstar_BC

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
From what I can understand the bio actif just means it’s adding beneficial bacteria and is recommended to carbon dosing as in ULN tanks you don’t have a high food source for the new bacteria you are adding .

says it will mix to 8dkh -

I think you are fine and will just get “more bacteria”

fishguy242

Cronies..... INSERT BUILD THREAD BADGE HERE !!
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
no problem..i googled also ;)

Randy Holmes-Farley

Reef Chemist
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
This is not my preferred mix, especially if you store the way for extended periods, but I expect it is fine to use, especially if you use it fairly soon after mixing it up (rather than 2 weeks later).

If you do store it, keep it stirred to prevent it from becoming stagnant as the organics get consumed by bacteria.

OP
OP
Anytka

Anytka

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
This is not my preferred mix, especially if you store the way for extended periods, but I expect it is fine to use, especially if you use it fairly soon after mixing it up (rather than 2 weeks later).

If you do store it, keep it stirred to prevent it from becoming stagnant as the organics get consumed by bacteria.
I mix salt only when needed and use it right away. Thank you so much for explanations!

Back