Need help with setting up a phosphate reactor, all my cheato has white dust all over it?

Leon Gorani

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
So I've been thinking of buying a phosphate reactor because my phosphates keep rising and I can't keep them down. I do not overfeed much but I have a few too many fish maybe, which might be the problem, 6 fish in a 30 gallon tank, but I don't have a full 30 gallons of water. I was thinking of buying the Two Little Fishies PhosBan Reactor 150, https://www.bulkreefsupply.com/phosban-reactor-150.html
do you think this is too large for my tank? I plan on hanging it off the back of my hang on the back refugium. But does this thing come with everything I need or do I have to buy my own pump and hoses to run this? Will this work to reduce phosphates?
My nitrates are also supper high, what's the best way to reduce those? Thanks.

fishguy242

Cronies..... INSERT BUILD THREAD BADGE HERE !!
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
hi can buy w pump think now maxi jet 900,buy without use maxijet 1200,what they orig,came with,will come w everything needed,poss need to buy a foot or so of tubing if not included ,only fill 1/3 way with phos remover to get good results ,i prefer phosguard or kent phos sponge granulates,gfo is too fine to use in reactor unless in a fine mesh sack,hope this helps :)

Tentacled trailblazer in your tank: Have you ever kept a large starfish?

• I currently have a starfish in my tank.

Votes: 24 30.0%
  • Not currently, but I have kept a starfish in the past.

Votes: 18 22.5%
  • I have never kept a starfish, but I hope to in the future.

Votes: 21 26.3%
  • I have no plans to keep a starfish.

Votes: 17 21.3%
  • Other.

Votes: 0 0.0%
Back