Need Help with Trident Alkalinity

ocncheffy

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Thanks for that! In the last step of your process to fix your trident, did you calibrate with tank water or did you calibrate with Neptune fluid?
I tested my water with aquaforest kits and hannah checkers, then used those values with tank water for calibration. I don't trust the calibration solution as it reports inaccuracies with hannah and manual kits against the reported numbers.

Lion6

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I tested my water with aquaforest kits and hannah checkers, then used those values with tank water for calibration. I don't trust the calibration solution as it reports inaccuracies with hannah and manual kits against the reported numbers.

Makes perfect sense. I did find that my Hanna and my ATI mail in test results were not in agreement. My ATI came out about 0.5 lower than my Hanna. I took the ATI sample at the exact same time that I tested with the Hanna. My current line of thinking is to believe the ATI.
Did you happen to ever get a mail in test, and how did it match up with your Hanna?

ocncheffy

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Makes perfect sense. I did find that my Hanna and my ATI mail in test results were not in agreement. My ATI came out about 0.5 lower than my Hanna. I took the ATI sample at the exact same time that I tested with the Hanna. My current line of thinking is to believe the ATI.
Did you happen to ever get a mail in test, and how did it match up with your Hanna?
I chose to validate against recommended/accurate manual test kits. These test kits match against the fauna marin validation solution, so I have no reason to believe they're inaccurate. It's also faster to validate than to wait for an ICP test in case something goes wonky with the trident.

Gophish1982

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
What fixed it as you can see again the pic was to perform a factory reset in the trident settings. Wait till your values return a 0 in fusion, then perform a restart. Once the restart completes, run a calibration with the values you trust (Tank water or calibration fluid). This kept it perfectly in line with my hannah now. The deviation is only .02dkh on the alkalinity now.

Give this a try!

1675278059460.png
Can you explain this reset/restart process you are talking about? I tried to factory reset, but my readings in fusion never went to 0. I also never did the “restart trident”.

Gophish1982

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
I chose to validate against recommended/accurate manual test kits. These test kits match against the fauna marin validation solution, so I have no reason to believe they're inaccurate. It's also faster to validate than to wait for an ICP test in case something goes wonky with the trident.
All my manual tests are confirmed with Fauna Marin, yet when I use that solution to calibrate the trident, or my tank water and results from manual tests, trident reports 1.5 below.

ocncheffy

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Can you explain this reset/restart process you are talking about? I tried to factory reset, but my readings in fusion never went to 0. I also never did the “restart trident”.
I simply check off Factory Reset, wait about 10-15 minutes. Then I check off Restart and wait another 10 minutes. The values in fusion turned to zero and then I performed a calibration with my tank water and used the readings from manual test kits. This was the only way I could keep the calibrated values. Two weeks later and alkalinity is matching the value from my hannah (maybe a .2 to .3 difference).

ipiaopiao

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
If you want to look inside, this video was helpful for me to see how to do it. It really isn’t that hard once you see it done. I realized that pulling my tray out too far to switch solutions can pull on the tubing that connects to the motor and cause leaking.

why can't see your video? and I want to see it .thank you.

Fusion in reefing: How do you feel about grafted corals?

• I strongly prefer grafted corals and I seek them out to put in my tank.

Votes: 2 3.7%
  • I find grafted corals appealing and would be open to having them in my tank.

Votes: 32 59.3%
  • I am indifferent about grafted corals and am not enthusiastic about having them in my tank.

Votes: 14 25.9%
  • I have reservations about grafted corals and would generally avoid having them in my tank.

Votes: 5 9.3%
  • I have a negative perception and would avoid having grafted corals in my tank.

Votes: 1 1.9%
Back