Need help with Tunze osmolator

Steelerfan747

Valuable Member
View Badges
Joined
Aug 7, 2011
Messages
1,901
Reaction score
29
Location
Miami
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hey guys I just set up my new system today with the low level switch towards the bottom and the high level cut off switch towards the top however a few minutes ago I heard the alarm coming from the stand and found that the water level was now passed the low level switch and almost covering the high level. Is it possible to connect the wires wrong on this system and it still work. I connected the blue wire to why I consider to be the positive connection ( the one with the marks on the wire) and the brown one to the other as negative. Is this correct?
 
Not sure about the wiring but are you sure it's not siphoning after the pump turns off? That's happened to me.
 
Not sure about the wiring but are you sure it's not siphoning after the pump turns off? That's happened to me.
Yes I think it is siphoning. Is there any way to stop that from happening?
 
Yes I think it is siphoning. Is there any way to stop that from happening?

Make sure the end of the return tube is higher than the water level of the RO container. I ran into the same problem with a different topoff (and my Tunze one)/ I ended up using a piece of 1/2 inch RO tubing to stick out of the sump, stuck the end of the topoff pump tube in the top, but enough where it wouldn't come out. This way the water coming out of the tube connected to the topoff pump is way higher than the RO container.
 

WHAT IS THE BIGGEST REASON YOU ATTEND A FRAG SWAP?

  • Finding unusual or hard-to-find corals

    Votes: 12 34.3%
  • Better prices than buying online

    Votes: 17 48.6%
  • Trading or selling my own frags

    Votes: 3 8.6%
  • Meeting other reefers

    Votes: 11 31.4%
  • Learning from vendors and hobbyists

    Votes: 4 11.4%
  • Seeing corals in person before buying

    Votes: 16 45.7%
  • Supporting the local reefing community

    Votes: 9 25.7%
  • I don’t have frag swaps nearby

    Votes: 5 14.3%
  • Other (Post in the comments)

    Votes: 0 0.0%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new