Need help with your aquascape?

  • Thread starter Thread starter Ardeus
  • Start date Start date
  • Tagged users Tagged users None
Feedback on the new scape? Restarting after taking a couple years away from the hobby! I’m trying to resist the ‘more is more’ urge ands it’s not easy!
IMG_1345.jpeg
 
Work in progress. Any opinions welcome!
IMG_0728.jpeg
From a pure aesthetics perspective, the setup looks phenomenal. The primary downside is you did not use much rock so there is very limited caves and hiding spots for fish. This will limit how many and what type of fish you can add since low amount of hiding spots correlates directly with higher levels of aggression amongst fish. Adding more rock will also provide more space to mount coral. More coral load will also help reduce fish aggression in the long run since coral colonies provide more habitat for fish and livestock.
 
Feedback on the new scape? Restarting after taking a couple years away from the hobby! I’m trying to resist the ‘more is more’ urge ands it’s not easy!
IMG_1345.jpeg
What fish do you have in the tank with your firefish?
 
What fish do you have in the tank with your firefish?
Red stripe cardinals and a leopard wrasse. The red stripes shoal together and stay out in the open water. Relatively inexpensive fish too. I think I got them for $11 each at my LFS.
 
From a pure aesthetics perspective, the setup looks phenomenal. The primary downside is you did not use much rock so there is very limited caves and hiding spots for fish. This will limit how many and what type of fish you can add since low amount of hiding spots correlates directly with higher levels of aggression amongst fish. Adding more rock will also provide more space to mount coral. More coral load will also help reduce fish aggression in the long run since coral colonies provide more habitat for fish and livestock.
Thanks for the feedback. Any suggestions for adding hiding spots? I have PLENTY of rock I can add. I already added a couple of pieces to make more caves.
c95c4846-b53a-43f7-b4b4-c746d424243d.jpeg
 
Aquascape low, The coral will do the scape for you. In a 24" deep aquarium Rockwork 12" max with lower structures from the substrate. I guarantee it will look awesome. Rubbish to begin..give it 12 months you will love it
 

TOP 10 Trending Threads

WHAT IS THE LOUDEST PART OF YOUR REEF SYSTEM?

  • Return pump

    Votes: 4 4.4%
  • Powerheads or wavemakers

    Votes: 6 6.7%
  • Protein skimmer

    Votes: 20 22.2%
  • Overflow or drain

    Votes: 27 30.0%
  • Sump vibration or plumbing

    Votes: 1 1.1%
  • Cooling fans

    Votes: 9 10.0%
  • Dosing, ATO, or other equipment

    Votes: 5 5.6%
  • Nothing. My reef is surprisingly quiet

    Votes: 11 12.2%
  • Other (Tell us what makes the noise)

    Votes: 7 7.8%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new