Need help with your aquascape?

canadianeh

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I used cyanoacrylate gel and accelerator to fix them in place first, then secured with marco cement and small rubble.

Then glued some rubble on the rods where I thought they made be visible.

Fancy name. Is that just gorilla super glue? Lol
Ok. So I broke a rock and got some rubbles and trying to follow your idea.

What do you think? Too crowded?
34776BB6-A1A4-4ACB-B1C4-73A75D06917B.jpeg
B39E7152-46F5-498C-A89B-07A99A4532D7.jpeg

ScottB

7500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Fancy name. Is that just gorilla super glue? Lol
Ok. So I broke a rock and got some rubbles and trying to follow your idea.

What do you think? Too crowded?
34776BB6-A1A4-4ACB-B1C4-73A75D06917B.jpeg
B39E7152-46F5-498C-A89B-07A99A4532D7.jpeg

It is the technical name for crazy glue gel. When used with accelerator spray it is so easy to work with. Bonds in seconds. You should still use some cement for load bearing connections.

I've been trying to track down images depicting what I so poorly described; this is close. On the right side, see how the rock slopes down toward the front of the glass? Far left side does the same. If you google image search "bonsai aquascape reef" you can find some other examples. To me, it is just more natural to the eye, than the pile of boulders I stacked from back to front in my first few builds. Leaves a lot more space for fish & coral.

1586435211231.png

Elbowdeep

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Never really sure I make theses right....I ended up moving them 1000 times does this look alright?
Also trying to figure out where to place my mp40s. Side by side or opposite sides on the back wall. Return is a DC pump 12000 to return lines split into four lock line in the tank. Thanks in advance.
Jeff.

IMG_20200410_142828.jpg

LusoBrazilianreef

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
hi Guys, just kind of new here re-starting in the hobby and I would like to get some tips from you guys!!

1- Im in Europe and plumbing here is quit dificult to find comparing to America, I know whatever you guys want you just go to hardware store and buy all at once, unfortunately here is not like that I even have to order some simple stuff like ball valves and connections from china...

2-pricing is ridiculous here,$$$$$. I know is not a cheap hobby but some stuff is just way too much. thank God I was Flight attendant and all my equipment was bought in the states..

now I would like to ask you guys regarding aquascape glue..
the question is:

knowing that I will bleach my rock, can I use any type of glue?
and what glues to avoid, based on we all know the best is obviously use some branded glue for aquariums, I wonder what we can do with our daily stuff?
thank you all in advance
happy reefing

alimac122

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
If you need an outside perspective to help with improving your aquascape, just post here a few shots of your tank, and will try my best shot at providing specific advise according to your goals for the tank.

Sometimes I can just answer here, show the alterations using photoshop or make a video.

Just post here front shots with your cellphone/camera positioned at 3 different heights (sand level, centre and water level) and also a couple of angled photos, so that I can have a better understanding of your tank's layout.

IMG_20180429_094401.jpg

IMG_20180429_094451.jpg
IMG_20180429_094518.jpg

This is a subject that is surprisingly not researched by most reefers and I have given some thought and some time ago I did a similar exercise in another forum.

It's also a great way for everyone to learn from each other and see a few freshwater techniques that we can apply and also many others that are specific for reef tanks.

In the meantime, if you want some inspiration here are a few videos I made with suggestions for different tank shapes.

what about a bow front???
image.jpg
image.jpg
image.jpg
image.jpg
image.jpg
short term goal-

— lots of coralline growth on rocks
— get stable parameters w/ minimal water changes with approximately 8 (or less) fish

long term goal-
— corals :)
— >all varieties

Algae invading algae: Have you had unwanted algae in your good macroalgae?

• I regularly have unwanted algae in my macroalgae.

Votes: 36 34.3%
  • I occasionally have unwanted algae in my macroalgae.

Votes: 22 21.0%
  • I rarely have unwanted algae in my macroalgae.

Votes: 9 8.6%
  • I never have unwanted algae in my macroalgae.

Votes: 6 5.7%
  • I don’t have macroalgae.

Votes: 29 27.6%
  • Other.

Votes: 3 2.9%
Back