Need ID help

Mark A Drum

New Member
View Badges
Joined
May 16, 2017
Messages
24
Reaction score
23
What state or country do you live in
Indiana
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Can someone please help me ID this anemone? This is only half of it, it is wrapped around the rock it's on. Thank you
IMG_20171003_130609034.jpg
 
It's not a rock flower anemone.
It's a maxi-mini aka mini carpet anemone (Stichodactyla tapetum)
^ this.

Extremely hardy I have abused mine for roughly 3 years.
maximinianeone.jpg
 
No need for me to simmer down, I'm not the one saying the equivalent of "IMO a wolf and a tiger are the same thing"
 
No need for me to simmer down, I'm not the one saying the equivalent of "IMO a wolf and a tiger are the same thing"[/QUOT

I wouldn’t go that extreme to say wolf versus tiger I mean if you look at them What separates the two is the fact that one walks and one doesn’t versus tentacle and coloration
You are correct in the ID
 
The point I was making is that rock flowers and maxi-minis are in the same Order (like wolves and tigers) but are different at the Family, Genus, Species level. So while they are both small anemones, they are very distinct from one another.
 

TOP 10 Trending Threads

WHICH FLOW PROBLEM IS HARDEST TO SOLVE IN YOUR REEF?

  • Eliminating dead spots

    Votes: 9 22.5%
  • Keeping sand from blowing around

    Votes: 5 12.5%
  • Balancing flow for different coral types

    Votes: 11 27.5%
  • Creating random or turbulent movement

    Votes: 2 5.0%
  • Finding effective pump placement

    Votes: 1 2.5%
  • Managing noise or vibration

    Votes: 2 5.0%
  • Keeping pumps hidden and accessible

    Votes: 3 7.5%
  • I still feel like I’m mostly guessing

    Votes: 7 17.5%
  • Other (Comment in the thread)

    Votes: 0 0.0%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new