Need ID on Coral.

SteveMM62Reef

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Joined
Sep 21, 2020
Messages
2,639
Reaction score
1,617
Location
La Plata
What state or country do you live in
Maryland
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Bought this, but not sure on the ID.

IMG_3846.jpeg IMG_3847.jpeg
 
Looks like a bubble gum montipora digitata if it has a blue base and red polyps.
 
Thanks, I went to a Coral Show, and couldn’t remember what this one was. Going to have to take my Sharpie with me and write on the bag. I think it’s a Forest Fire, the lights were down last night, when I saw this message.
 
If it's green base red polyps it's a forest or emerald fire.
 
If it's blue base with green tips it's a bubblegum

images (7).jpeg


All green bright forest fire

images (8).jpeg


Emerald fire is a darker forest green.
 

TOP 10 Trending Threads

WHAT DO YOU USUALLY CHECK FIRST WHEN YOU LOOK AT YOUR REEF?

  • A particular fish I enjoy watching

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • The fish population—making sure everyone is accounted for

    Votes: 2 11.1%
  • Coral extension, color, or growth

    Votes: 8 44.4%
  • Recent additions or other changes

    Votes: 3 16.7%
  • Water clarity or the surface

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Equipment and water movement

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Signs of algae, pests, or trouble

    Votes: 1 5.6%
  • I just enjoy the whole scene

    Votes: 2 11.1%
  • Other (Post in the comments)

    Votes: 2 11.1%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new