Need ideas to cover my powerhead.

Mele__Reef

Active Member
View Badges
Joined
Jun 21, 2016
Messages
372
Reaction score
216
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hey guys, I have RBTA and would like to take the precaution of covering my power so that it won't get sucked. Do you guys have any safe ideas for it? Thanks
 
What powerheads do you have. I know vortechs come with a foam cover...which I don't use because they are a PITA to clean.
 
Thanks for the tips guys. I have a Jebao r4 I always have it on pulse mode. Would that lessen its chances of getting sucked in ? It probably sounds silly but just figured I'd ask.
 
I asked the same a couple of weeks ago and someone mentioned pantyhose. I have them bought (thank you self checkout), but still need to get around to doing it!
 

TOP 10 Trending Threads

WHAT IS THE LOUDEST PART OF YOUR REEF SYSTEM?

  • Return pump

    Votes: 9 5.4%
  • Powerheads or wavemakers

    Votes: 12 7.2%
  • Protein skimmer

    Votes: 27 16.3%
  • Overflow or drain

    Votes: 57 34.3%
  • Sump vibration or plumbing

    Votes: 2 1.2%
  • Cooling fans

    Votes: 11 6.6%
  • Dosing, ATO, or other equipment

    Votes: 11 6.6%
  • Nothing. My reef is surprisingly quiet

    Votes: 25 15.1%
  • Other (Tell us what makes the noise)

    Votes: 12 7.2%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new