Need input on frag setup

docs911

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I decided to transform my solana into a frag tank. I have an old cheap Odyssea MH on it for now. Will change it to a 250 watt radium/ice cap set up once I get a reflector or pendant.

I have thought about adding a liter meter III setup to swap water with my 220 display which is in the same room. Wouldn't that decrease my need for a ca reactor, larger skimmer etc?

Will this work?

IMG_0303.jpg

revhtree

Owner Administrator
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
I definitely think that you would be fine without the skimmer and reactor as long as they can handle the added water and coral volume. Also the light that you have should work fine as well to grow coral! :)

OP
OP
D

docs911

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I have changed the maxijet to a MP10ES and I have changed the lighting to a pendant/radium 250. Hanging the pendant using some wood closet shelf supports that I found in Lowes.

IMG_0308.jpg

IMG_0313.jpg

IMG_0319.jpg

IMG_0312.jpg

IMG_0316.jpg

NaplesAquatics

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I just have to comment that every time I see someone converting a Solana/NanoCube/etc. all-in-one tank to a frag tank I can't help thinking "Why not sell it and get a tank better suited for the purpose?" After all, you could likely sell the tank for enough to buy a shorter, wider tank and the lighting. I'll be curious to see, over time, how the multi-level frag shelves are working for you.

Jeff

OP
OP
D

docs911

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I wish I did buy a shallow reef/frag tank set up. The wife won't allow it right now. I have the 220 gallon system already.

When to mix up fish meal: When was the last time you tried a different brand of food for your reef?

• I regularly change the food that I feed to the tank.

Votes: 39 22.8%
  • I occasionally change the food that I feed to the tank.

Votes: 58 33.9%
  • I rarely change the food that I feed to the tank.

Votes: 54 31.6%
  • I never change the food that I feed to the tank.

Votes: 16 9.4%
  • Other.

Votes: 4 2.3%
Back