Need input on frag setup

  • Thread starter Thread starter docs911
  • Start date Start date
  • Tagged users Tagged users None

docs911

Active Member
View Badges
Joined
Oct 16, 2011
Messages
181
Reaction score
39
Location
Chesterfield, VA
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I decided to transform my solana into a frag tank. I have an old cheap Odyssea MH on it for now. Will change it to a 250 watt radium/ice cap set up once I get a reflector or pendant.

I have thought about adding a liter meter III setup to swap water with my 220 display which is in the same room. Wouldn't that decrease my need for a ca reactor, larger skimmer etc?

Will this work?

IMG_0303.jpg
 
I definitely think that you would be fine without the skimmer and reactor as long as they can handle the added water and coral volume. Also the light that you have should work fine as well to grow coral! :)
 
I have changed the maxijet to a MP10ES and I have changed the lighting to a pendant/radium 250. Hanging the pendant using some wood closet shelf supports that I found in Lowes.

IMG_0308.jpg


IMG_0313.jpg


IMG_0319.jpg


IMG_0312.jpg


IMG_0316.jpg
 
I just have to comment that every time I see someone converting a Solana/NanoCube/etc. all-in-one tank to a frag tank I can't help thinking "Why not sell it and get a tank better suited for the purpose?" After all, you could likely sell the tank for enough to buy a shorter, wider tank and the lighting. I'll be curious to see, over time, how the multi-level frag shelves are working for you.

Jeff
 
I wish I did buy a shallow reef/frag tank set up. The wife won't allow it right now. I have the 220 gallon system already.
 

TOP 10 Trending Threads

WHAT IS THE BIGGEST REASON YOU ATTEND A FRAG SWAP?

  • Finding unusual or hard-to-find corals

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Better prices than buying online

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Trading or selling my own frags

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Meeting other reefers

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Learning from vendors and hobbyists

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Seeing corals in person before buying

    Votes: 1 50.0%
  • Supporting the local reefing community

    Votes: 1 50.0%
  • I don’t have frag swaps nearby

    Votes: 1 50.0%
  • Other (Post in the comments)

    Votes: 0 0.0%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new