• For a Limited Time the R2R Partner Membership is NOW OPEN! Get some cool swag and chances to win part of over $20,000 in prizes! Click here for more details

Need narrow depth tank recommendation under 15gal

kjkaminski

View Badges
Reaction score
I'm hoping to setup a refugium that will sit under my stand. The space is very narrow. Looking for recommendations for a tank that is under 11" deep. Length should be 20" max, with something around 18" preferred. I'd like to go higher than 5gal. Any recommendations? I've been searching all day and have not found much.

Best reef aquarium LED lighting

Ron Reefman

Lets Go Snorkeling!
View Badges
Reaction score
How about a DIY tank? At that size they are quite easy to build with 3/8" glass cut to size by a glass shop.

Over the last 8 years I've made 7 tanks. I still have 3 and all 7 are still in use by me and their new owners.

OP
kjkaminski

kjkaminski

View Badges
Reaction score
20" L is actually too long. Thought I could make that work by cutting the openings on the cabinet but the most I can take off is about 1" making 19" the max. Ron, thanks for the suggestion to make my own! I actually finally found one online that works. Landen brand. 17.7"L x 10.5" D. Perfect for what I need!

How often do you have some type of algae issue?

• Constantly Something

Votes: 219 42.2%
  • Every Month

Votes: 30 5.8%
  • Every Few Months

Votes: 59 11.4%
  • A Few Times A Year

Votes: 73 14.1%
  • Once A Year Or So

Votes: 57 11.0%
  • Every Few years

Votes: 28 5.4%