Rating - 100%
14   0   0
Lights. These have more pronounced spectrum that what you currently own

Chibils

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Welcome to R2R! Reefing can be very confusing until you get your feet under you, so don't be afraid to ask lots of questions. R2R is a very friendly place. :D I think the answer to your question lies in what your vision for your aquarium is. Do you like your mushroom and star polyps? In my opinion, soft corals like those and leathers can make a beautiful, low-maintenance display without lots of expensive equipment or complicated dosing. A great tank for a beginner. Check out these videos!

If you ask me, upgrading your flow is more important than your lights at this point. I have no experience with the Innovative Marine wavemakers, but I'm happy to see you bought some new pumps. 10x your tank's volume in flow is very low, even for undemanding corals.

OP
OP
Kplum

Kplum

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
36DB2EC9-DB38-4188-87B8-BF12976DE35B.jpeg

Primes came in today!! Think I am going to put these guys on the sides instead of the back..
need to clean up the wiring badly.. will get it cleaned up and hopefully start on a happy reef tank.. I guess next is a dosing container and pump.. ‍♂️♂️♂️

When to mix up fish meal: When was the last time you tried a different brand of food for your reef?

• I regularly change the food that I feed to the tank.

Votes: 23 29.1%
  • I occasionally change the food that I feed to the tank.

Votes: 30 38.0%
  • I rarely change the food that I feed to the tank.

Votes: 20 25.3%
  • I never change the food that I feed to the tank.

Votes: 5 6.3%
  • Other.

Votes: 1 1.3%
Back