Need opinions on tank stand finish

dieselkeeper

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
So i built a stand for my carpet anemone upgrade. A 90 gallon tank. I used oak plywood, stained it using expresso stain. Oak being a hard wood did not soak up the stain as dark as I wanted, even with several coats. Then I decided to go with a white wash, which came out pretty good. I then had a brain fart to clear coat it. Well that clear coat made a yellowish tint to the white. So I said the he'll with it, I'll just paint it white. So I sanded it down and the wife said I have the ever popular distress look. Should I keep it or paint it white?

20180626_115515.jpg

Waters

"...in perfect isolation, here behind my wall."
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I personally would paint it white....I was never a fan of the distressed look. I like things modern and clean looking.

theMeat

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Yup, ask wife

Should seal it tho

If you use a water based poly it will not have the ambering/yellowing effect

George Lopez

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Well then there question becomes where was the inflection in get statement lol. Also look at your home's style and try to match, or go complete opposite and make it pop

Bubbles, bubbles, and more bubbles: Do you keep bubble-like corals in your reef?

• I currently have bubble-like corals in my reef.

Votes: 20 34.5%
  • I don’t currently have bubble-like corals in my reef, but I have in the past.

Votes: 7 12.1%
  • I don’t currently have bubble-like corals in my reef, but I plan to in the future.

Votes: 19 32.8%
  • I don’t currently have bubble-like corals in my reef and have no plans to in the future.

Votes: 11 19.0%
  • Other.

Votes: 1 1.7%
Back