Need other recommendations for pumps besides Sicce!

Most pumps have ceramic shafts like the one you broke.

Maybe try not being so heavy-handed? Not trying to poke, I'm just playing Devil's Advocate because if you get another pump with a ceramic shaft and break that one, then that makers no good either.

My Sicce pump is 7 years old and I think I cleaned it 3 times. Not many pumps offer 5 years warranty, they are pretty decent pumps.
Yes but the only pumps that have ever broken or stopped working on me have all been Sicce. They just stop working on me.
 
Jeff likes the Mag. It works. I personally use a Cor 20 on my LifeReef skimmer. I use a Cor 15 for my return. Since they use the same fittings it is easy to rotate them out should something happen. I keep a spare motor which makes it even easier to clean when I do maintenance. Turn off, disconnect, swap out, turn on, etc.

Sicce has the warranty. You already purchased it. Just get it replaced. Depending on which one it is you may also get some of the other perks by using that brand. I know some of their pumps or powerheads can alert you based on temperature and being out of water. Those are good things to have in my opinion. Only other thing I'd look at is possibly see what you are doing if it broke as part of maintenance and/or installation. Not saying you did anything just suggesting to think about it or how it happened to see if there is something there.

If you are looking for something different try the Mag Jeff recommended.
 

TOP 10 Trending Threads

WHAT IS THE BIGGEST REASON YOU ATTEND A FRAG SWAP?

  • Finding unusual or hard-to-find corals

    Votes: 1 9.1%
  • Better prices than buying online

    Votes: 4 36.4%
  • Trading or selling my own frags

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Meeting other reefers

    Votes: 2 18.2%
  • Learning from vendors and hobbyists

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Seeing corals in person before buying

    Votes: 5 45.5%
  • Supporting the local reefing community

    Votes: 3 27.3%
  • I don’t have frag swaps nearby

    Votes: 1 9.1%
  • Other (Post in the comments)

    Votes: 0 0.0%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new