Need RODI Recommendations

125gSW

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hi,

I am in need of a well priced RODI. I asked already in the New to SW section but I had no idea this category existed. If there's any deals/coupons currently going on out there I would love to know. Aiming for 4-5stage RODI that can handle silicates and chlorinates/chloramines. I really would prefer to make this a one time purchase for a long time so durability is important for me too. City reports say our TDS averages around 220.

Thanks everyone!

Cory

More than 25 years reefing
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Id get a high silicate rejection membrane by spectrapure. They come with everything you need so you wont be missing something like a pressure gauge or tds meter. Only thing they dont come with is a bosster pump, which you may or may not need.

OP
OP

125gSW

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0

Luna

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I also have a question about reverse osmosis. Do I have to add chemicals to make the tap water safe like API Tap water safe chemical or should it be good?

Ty Hamatake

Hi, my name is Ty and I'm a Reefer...
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I also have a question about reverse osmosis. Do I have to add chemicals to make the tap water safe like API Tap water safe chemical or should it be good?
If the water has gone through an RODI unit, it is no longer tap water and is 100% safe for any tank application (as long as it is reading 0 TDS that is) :)

Luna

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
What if it's like 00.2

Last edited:

When to mix up fish meal: When was the last time you tried a different brand of food for your reef?

• I regularly change the food that I feed to the tank.

Votes: 36 25.2%
  • I occasionally change the food that I feed to the tank.

Votes: 48 33.6%
  • I rarely change the food that I feed to the tank.

Votes: 43 30.1%
  • I never change the food that I feed to the tank.

Votes: 12 8.4%
  • Other.

Votes: 4 2.8%
Back