Need Shark 1.0 Skimmer pump

  • Thread starter Thread starter Asm481
  • Start date Start date
  • Tagged users Tagged users None

Asm481

Active Member
View Badges
Joined
Jul 23, 2022
Messages
304
Reaction score
281
Location
Kenosha
What state or country do you live in
Wisconsin
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
My Aqua Max fc 80 skimmer has stopped pumping strong enough. Water barely uses past bubble plate or surrounding water level. I have serviced the pump, took apart reassembled, ran in citric acid to no avail. The Shark 1.0 seems to be out of stock every where I know to look. BRS says Aqua Max has been bought by Aqua Ready and they haven't started stocking anywhere. This has been a nice skimmer for the past year and a half.
 
I don't think the sicce is going to work for you.
My Aquamaxx had the same issue after 7 months. I never cleaned it. My shark 1.0 has a sicce 1.5 sticker on it. I overnighted a Sicce 1.5. The part that didn't seem to work is that I wasn't able get the outlet connector out of the Shark. It also looks like the Shark is a slip and the Sicce is threaded. I ended up buying an Aquaready. I'll use the old Aquamaxx for parts or backup if I can get a replacement pump down the road.
 
My Aqua Max fc 80 skimmer has stopped pumping strong enough. Water barely uses past bubble plate or surrounding water level. I have serviced the pump, took apart reassembled, ran in citric acid to no avail. The Shark 1.0 seems to be out of stock every where I know to look. BRS says Aqua Max has been bought by Aqua Ready and they haven't started stocking anywhere. This has been a nice skimmer for the past year and a half.
Try a getting new impeller instead of a complete new pump
 
aquaready is the new company it looks like they just bought all of the aquamaxx product and relabelled. Might be a bit before they release any replacement pumps though
 

TOP 10 Trending Threads

WHICH FLOW PROBLEM IS HARDEST TO SOLVE IN YOUR REEF?

  • Eliminating dead spots

    Votes: 9 22.5%
  • Keeping sand from blowing around

    Votes: 5 12.5%
  • Balancing flow for different coral types

    Votes: 11 27.5%
  • Creating random or turbulent movement

    Votes: 2 5.0%
  • Finding effective pump placement

    Votes: 1 2.5%
  • Managing noise or vibration

    Votes: 2 5.0%
  • Keeping pumps hidden and accessible

    Votes: 3 7.5%
  • I still feel like I’m mostly guessing

    Votes: 7 17.5%
  • Other (Comment in the thread)

    Votes: 0 0.0%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new