Need skimmer now for 90 gal mixed

  • Thread starter Thread starter mtnrunner
  • Start date Start date
  • Tagged users Tagged users None

mtnrunner

Active Member
View Badges
Joined
Feb 16, 2013
Messages
318
Reaction score
112
Location
Charleston, WV
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
My skimmer has stopped working and I need a new one for my 90 gal mixed reef. There are so many models it is hard to make a quick decision and I need to get ordered this weekend. I want high quality, easy to service, in-sump. I have a 40 gal sump with ample room.

I've been looking at Reef Octopus, AquaMax and Bubble Magus, all have several models.

Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated.
 
To me Reef Octopus is going downhill. The Bubble Blaster pumps suck. They brake down all the time, an Aquamaxx Cone 1 would be awesome if you can find it. Honestly I have a CBubble Magus urve 5 in my 90 gallon with 30 gallon sump. Works amazing, I had a Reef Octopus Diablo 160 XS in there for almost 2 years and was lucky if I had to empty the cup once every 3 to 4 months. And at that point it was only half full. Was never really happy with it. The Curve 5 I have to empty almost weekly.
 
Tunze 9011. I have your same set up 90 gallons with 40 gallon sump. The tunze 9011 is awesome. One of the quietest most efficient skimmer I have ever owned.
 
new member here and my first post. only been in the hobby for 9 months now, so maybe my opinion doesn,t matter. anyway, I have a 75 gal. with 30 gal refugium and am running an ASM mini-g skimmer and to me, it's great. empty the cup twice a week and it's quiet and cheap.($130.00)
 

TOP 10 Trending Threads

WHAT IS THE LOUDEST PART OF YOUR REEF SYSTEM?

  • Return pump

    Votes: 11 6.2%
  • Powerheads or wavemakers

    Votes: 13 7.3%
  • Protein skimmer

    Votes: 28 15.8%
  • Overflow or drain

    Votes: 59 33.3%
  • Sump vibration or plumbing

    Votes: 2 1.1%
  • Cooling fans

    Votes: 12 6.8%
  • Dosing, ATO, or other equipment

    Votes: 12 6.8%
  • Nothing. My reef is surprisingly quiet

    Votes: 28 15.8%
  • Other (Tell us what makes the noise)

    Votes: 12 6.8%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new