OP
OP
B

BrianReefer

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
So do you find yourself needing to feed your fish more with colonies that size?? Like a lot more?? I feed my 50g a lot more than suggested but I don’t have near the coral mass as you.
I feed the same, but I do use a giant bag of Eco EasySPS gel food on a dose that goes in daily to feed the corals and I'm quite happy with (aside from the expense!)

LARedstickreefer

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I’ve lost a lot of Acroporas this way. Never figured it out. They would be encrusting and coloring up and then just go in reverse. First, the PE reverses itself. Next, the growth stops. Finally, the coral “dries up”. It will stay like that for a few weeks/months before an RTN or STN event takes it out.

Fortunately, I haven’t seen this happen in awhile now.

OP
OP
B

BrianReefer

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
I’ve lost a lot of Acroporas this way. Never figured it out. They would be encrusting and coloring up and then just go in reverse. First, the PE reverses itself. Next, the growth stops. Finally, the coral “dries up”. It will stay like that for a few weeks/months before an RTN or STN event takes it out.

Fortunately, I haven’t seen this happen in awhile now.
Exactly what I’m dealing with. First dose of Cipro is now in the tank, will keep everyone updated on how this goes…

TX_Punisher

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Exactly what I’m dealing with. First dose of Cipro is now in the tank, will keep everyone updated on how this goes…

is this from a pill? What size and what dose did you decide upon? Been looking at possibly dosing cipro soon so I’m interested in your results.

Screwloose

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I’m having similar,

good parameters, but some Sps are brown, some get white patches and slowly lose branches( not aefw) whereas others are ok.

Todays tests
22/12/2022
Sg 35
Temp 25.5
Alk 8.3
Cal 385
Mag 1290
N03 5
P04 0.03
K 400

going to try another po4 kit just in case it’s misleading me, will pick one up tomorrow. Only other I can think of is lighting

I’ve ordered a spectra from geisemann which hopefully arrives Christmas week due to delays in Germany.

What is cipro ?

Rock solid aquascape: Does the weight of the rocks in your aquascape matter?

• The weight of the rocks is a key factor.

Votes: 10 8.5%
  • The weight of the rocks is one of many factors.

Votes: 43 36.8%
  • The weight of the rocks is a minor factor.

Votes: 35 29.9%
  • The weight of the rocks is not a factor.

Votes: 28 23.9%
  • Other.

Votes: 1 0.9%
Back