Need some advice stocking a 100g tank

cedwards04

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Wanting to add some livestock to my established 100g reef tank. I'd like some feedback on what is already in there, as well as suggestions on what I could add. I'd like to add a diamond goby, or a watchmen goby/pistol shrimp combo. I did try adding a diamond goby once, and it never ate and stayed in hiding. I also tried adding a skunk cleaner and it disappeared pretty quickly, I suspect my wrasse ate it.

Current residents:
Oscillaris clown pair
One spot fox face
Diadem dottyback
Yellow tang
Small blue hippo tang (plan to rehome at some point)
Melanarus wrasse

Everyone seems to get along great provided the other fish leave the clowns eggs alone haha, they can get a bit territorial of their little corner.

I'd definitely like to add more fish and movement to the tank, and I'd also like to add something to keep the sand bed stirred up. I tried a bunch of nassarius snails but in my opinion they just really don't do a great job. Any help would be appreciated.

20210916_194235.jpg

blaxsun

10K Club member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
A pair of black cucumbers will do a fairly decent job of cleaning at least the top layer of substrate, and they’re typically ignored by the other reef inhabitants. I’ve also got about 2 dozen Nassarius snails, but I think I need about 20-30 more to be really effective.

In terms of fish, a flame hawkfish and a dwarf angelfish are two that I’ve had really good success with.

OP
OP
C

cedwards04

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I do already have a few conchs for the sandbed. Maybe mine are lazy but they just are not getting the job done for me.

DrMMI

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I have a pair of diamond gobies in my 90g and they keep my sandbed looking impeccable. I had dinos prior to getting them. I treated the dinos and then added them. Sandbed has been white ever since.

OP
OP
C

cedwards04

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Does anyone think the dottyback would be a problem with adding diamond gobies?

I'm also curious if anyone thinks the wrasse might eat a pistol shrimp.

Mastering the art of locking and unlocking water pathways: What type of valves do you have on your aquarium plumbing?

• Ball valves.

Votes: 53 48.6%
  • Gate valves.

Votes: 60 55.0%
  • Check valves.

Votes: 25 22.9%
  • None.

Votes: 28 25.7%
  • Other.

Votes: 9 8.3%
Back