Need some help here

Maybe turn the lights off and see what it does with some dark time.

I did that after I saw how it retracted when it went into the frag tank. I hate to be a doom and gloom guy but I have little faith this is going to turn out positive.

My wife tells me tonight "I told you that one fish has been pecking at it" where I said the "outer shell does not matter" which was followed up with a quick- "not the shell, the clam part"

If in fact that is/was true why just the Deresa-I could post pics of my other clams and some are within inches of where this one was so if it was the fish (I'm still in denile) why target the Deresa-is it like the tenderloin of clams-Doubt it-?

Anyway its to bad, as cheap as it was, it was BIG and pretty dang neat-not he best looking I have but it was still nice

RIP

I have lost 2 clams in my years- this being number 2
Thanks for the help everyone-I'd like to post up in a few days I was wrong but............
 
I think with it being a new addition to the tank the fish was feeling it out and may have decided it liked the taste.
 
I think with it being a new addition to the tank the fish was feeling it out and may have decided it liked the taste.

I dont know why it took over 3 months for whatever happened to happen, if it was that fish I dont know why it went down hill so fast. I am no where an authority but my gut is saying it was something else, having the manyle retracted is on thing but that gaping mouth or whatever that part of the clam is called seems to me just makes me think it was something else.

Yes I type 'was' as in past tense, the clam has died unfortunately

Thanks for the help in trying to trouble shoot the issue(s)!!!
 

TOP 10 Trending Threads

WHAT IS THE LOUDEST PART OF YOUR REEF SYSTEM?

  • Return pump

    Votes: 4 3.6%
  • Powerheads or wavemakers

    Votes: 7 6.3%
  • Protein skimmer

    Votes: 22 19.8%
  • Overflow or drain

    Votes: 35 31.5%
  • Sump vibration or plumbing

    Votes: 1 0.9%
  • Cooling fans

    Votes: 9 8.1%
  • Dosing, ATO, or other equipment

    Votes: 9 8.1%
  • Nothing. My reef is surprisingly quiet

    Votes: 16 14.4%
  • Other (Tell us what makes the noise)

    Votes: 8 7.2%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new