Need some help over here

Scritch

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
So my tank has been setup for over a year now. I have a water box 45. My lighting is a ai prime supplemented with 2 T5’s and an orphek led bar. I’m getting 350-400 par at the top of the tank, and 150 on the sand bed. I was actually very impressed with the amount of par the led bar added to the display. My problem is some of my acros seem to be bleaching a bit, and some are doing great.I do feed 2 times a day. Morning is Pellets, flakes, reef roids, and AB+. Nightly I feed PE Mysis and reef roids. I’m currently running carbon in a reactor and I have a refugium setup in a reactor. I’m dosing esv twice a day and Acropower(2ml/day) These are my parameters as of last night.

1.024 sg
77.7 temp
0 ppb (Hanna ulr phosphorus)
0.07 (Hanna ulr Nitarte)
8.1 dkh (Hanna)
410 cal (RedSea)

vetteguy53081

Well known Member and monster tank lover
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
13   0   0
So my tank has been setup for over a year now. I have a water box 45. My lighting is a ai prime supplemented with 2 T5’s and an orphek led bar. I’m getting 350-400 par at the top of the tank, and 150 on the sand bed. I was actually very impressed with the amount of par the led bar added to the display. My problem is some of my acros seem to be bleaching a bit, and some are doing great.I do feed 2 times a day. Morning is Pellets, flakes, reef roids, and AB+. Nightly I feed PE Mysis and reef roids. I’m currently running carbon in a reactor and I have a refugium setup in a reactor. I’m dosing esv twice a day and Acropower(2ml/day) These are my parameters as of last night.

1.024 sg
77.7 temp
0 ppb (Hanna ulr phosphorus)
0.07 (Hanna ulr Nitarte)
8.1 dkh (Hanna)
410 cal (RedSea)
You may have had an alk spike , low calcium or phosphate issue

recommended:
Moderate light and water flow
Temp 76-79
Ph 8.1-8.3
Nitrate < .4
Phosphate < .04
Alk 8-9
Mag 1300
Ca 440

OP
OP
S

Scritch

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I’ve been testing alk twice a day morning/night. It fluctuates by a point or 2. I do have some Neophos. I haven’t dosed any yet. I also have some tropic Marin NP formula, I used it on my last tank, and it seemed like everything responded negatively to that. I’m trying to raise nitarte phosphate with a more natural approach. Anything else I can do? Should I be dosing phyto daily too? I don’t really mind the low nutrients. I’m just trying to make up for the lack of.

ScottR

Surfing....
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Zero PO4 is a huge problem. Especially since you tested with the Hanna ULR.

Staghorn

Original Reef Gangster
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Since nitrate and phosphate are so low I would start spot feeding those corals. Try to get them some nutrition until your nutrient levels get a little higher. And it won’t hurt to he’s doing so as long as they don’t get too high in the future

OP
OP
S

Scritch

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I’ve been testing alk twice a day morning/night. It fluctuates by a point or 2. I do have some Neophos. I haven’t dosed any yet. I also have some tropic Marin NP formula, I used it on my last tank, and it seemed like everything responded negatively to that. I’m trying to raise nitarte phosphate with a more natural approach. Anything else I can do? Should I be dosing phyto daily too?

ScottR

Surfing....
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
When I tested with the ulr I expected to see at least 1 ppb. Nothing though!
Can you share a pic of your tank? It’s sometimes easier to troubleshoot with a bigger pic of what’s going on.

OP
OP
S

Scritch

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Can you share a pic of your tank? It’s sometimes easier to troubleshoot with a bigger pic of what’s going on.
Sure. So in the photos the blue acro has really gone down hill. Everything else seems fine. I’ve already tossed a diffeeent acro frag I got a month ago. The mystery green acro has lost one of its tips and has some algae growing on it now.

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    138.2 KB · Views: 29
  • image.jpg
    image.jpg
    102.1 KB · Views: 24
  • image.jpg
    image.jpg
    160 KB · Views: 31

Caring for your picky eaters: What do you feed your finicky fish?

• Live foods

Votes: 12 26.1%
  • Frozen meaty foods

Votes: 38 82.6%
  • Soft pellets

Votes: 7 15.2%
  • Masstick (or comparable)

Votes: 3 6.5%
  • Other

Votes: 2 4.3%
Back