Need some new lights

  • Thread starter Thread starter Bucrob
  • Start date Start date
  • Tagged users Tagged users None

Bucrob

Active Member
View Badges
Joined
Nov 17, 2025
Messages
270
Reaction score
165
Location
United States
What state or country do you live in
Florida
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I have a Waterbox REEF 130.4 tank that I'm setting up. It's about 4ft long, 2ft wide, and 2ft deep. I currently have 3 USA Loop lights that came with the tank (bought it used). Wanting to upgrade the lights as I'm not a fan of the light's app, also just don't like my primary lighting being a blade type of light. My lid only allows for one mounting arm and I don't want to hang anything from the ceiling. Any suggestions? Wishing to keep soft corals, LPS like Euphyllia and Acans, and maybe some SPS like monti and birdnest. Like my lights more on the blue spectrums also.
 
I have a Waterbox REEF 130.4 tank that I'm setting up. It's about 4ft long, 2ft wide, and 2ft deep. I currently have 3 USA Loop lights that came with the tank (bought it used). Wanting to upgrade the lights as I'm not a fan of the light's app, also just don't like my primary lighting being a blade type of light. My lid only allows for one mounting arm and I don't want to hang anything from the ceiling. Any suggestions? Wishing to keep soft corals, LPS like Euphyllia and Acans, and maybe some SPS like monti and birdnest. Like my lights more on the blue spectrums also.
On a 4’ long tank, your lid allowing only one mounting arm is unacceptable. Consider adressing that before upgrading lights.
 
In terms of a custom lid, Toplids team is amazing for customization they were very involved when i made a custom frag 85.3 lid and the engineering team and such were very responsive
 

TOP 10 Trending Threads

WHICH PART OF YOUR SETUP IS HARDEST TO REACH OR REMOVE FOR ROUTINE MAINTENANCE?

  • Glass behind or beside the tank

    Votes: 17 21.5%
  • Powerheads or wavemakers

    Votes: 7 8.9%
  • Sump or rear filtration chambers

    Votes: 11 13.9%
  • Skimmer or other filtration equipment

    Votes: 10 12.7%
  • Overflow or plumbing

    Votes: 13 16.5%
  • Lights or lids

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Mine is pretty easy to access!

    Votes: 20 25.3%
  • Other—tell us what I missed

    Votes: 1 1.3%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new