Need suggestions for 1 last fish

Sooner Reefer

24g Aquapod
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I am thinking of buying another fish and some corals to finish of my fish stock list and start my coral stock list for my 24g Aquapod.

I have 2 ORA Black and White Clownfish in there and a cleaner shrimp.

The requirements for the last fish are: Has to be invert and reef safe, and has to be somewhat rare (not extremely pricey though).

I'm clueless on what to get so suggestions welcome. I was also thinking for corals of getting some large colonies of zoanthids from Diver's Den on liveaquaria.com. Don't need rare corals yet but there you can get a 6" rock of zoas for 80$ so I figured two of those should help color up my tank.

seafansar

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
2   0   0
How about a Rainford's or Hector's goby. They both stay small, under 3", are colorful, and will clean your sand. I don't see them all that often too. Or maybe a pair of neon gobies. They are cute and have quite a personality. Plus they might clean your clownfish.

seafansar

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
2   0   0
That would be cool. Very pretty fish. Get it a shrimp too! I don't think it will clean the sand, but it'll be fun watching him and the shrimp interact.

acronautical

acronautical
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I like the Rainford's or Hector's goby idea as well. Often people will place a Mystery wrasse, Six-Line or other Pseudocheilinus wrasse in a small tank. Unfortunately, these wrasses are such prolific hunters that the microfauna population (i.e., amphipods, copepods, foraminiforams) can be decimated rapidly with the addition of these fish. Thus, the biodiversity of the tank is minimized. The Rainfords/Hectors also consume some microfauna, but these are consumed incidentally as they peck at the rock/substrate for algae and detritus.

flricordia

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
how about an angler. Kidding.
8473IMG_3514.JPG

Managing real reef risks: Do you pay attention to the dangers in your tank?

• I pay a lot of attention to reef risks.

Votes: 124 42.5%
  • I pay a bit of attention to reef risks.

Votes: 101 34.6%
  • I pay minimal attention to reef risks.

Votes: 47 16.1%
  • I pay no attention to reef risks.

Votes: 15 5.1%
  • Other.

Votes: 5 1.7%
Back