Need to bug bomb

Gavin1274

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hey everyone, I was planning on big bombing my house today and I need to know if it is safe for my aquarium or steps I need to do before doing the bug bomb. Thank you all in advance!!

Sleeping Giant

Proud Canadian Reefer
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
No idea, I would think wrap it in plastic and seal it air tight...maybe as the bug bombers if they have any suggestions, I'm sure they ran into this issue before

Hydrored

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I hate to tell you it’s not safe at all for your aquarium, especially the fogging ones. If you must I would wrap the aquarium in plastic and tape it sealed to the floor if you have a sump or tape plastic all around the glass. I know somebody that just did this and it didn’t end well for the tank....

TriggerFinger

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
How big is the tank? Is it possible to remove all contents of the tank into a temporary container for a while? Maybe in a detached garage or something?

andrewey

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I know of one complete tank fatality from bug bombing the house. I don't if it's specific to the type of agent used or the delivery method, but if I were in your shoes, I would remove all of the livestock from the tank and store at a friends/LFS. If for some reason that wasn't an option, I would seal the tank up, but that really would be my second best option.

Back