Need to ID this coral

  • Thread starter Thread starter demetri
  • Start date Start date
  • Tagged users Tagged users None

demetri

Community Member
View Badges
Joined
Oct 26, 2024
Messages
58
Reaction score
14
Location
ontario
What state or country do you live in
Canada
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Bought this at a coral event. Pretty sure I asked the guy and it’s a green stylophora but just want to make sure.
IMG_5307.png
 
From the picture posted I agree with green stylophora. Beautiful coral. It does have a digitata look to it, almost looks like orange skin under the polyps but let it grow a bit to determine.
 
In this stage, I agree that it looks more like montipora digitata typical “finger” shape vs the Stylopora’s “cat paw” shape.

I don’t know if the shape is what determines the species or if you can have a monti that looks like a stylo and vice versa.
 

TOP 10 Trending Threads

WHICH FLOW PROBLEM IS HARDEST TO SOLVE IN YOUR REEF?

  • Eliminating dead spots

    Votes: 5 29.4%
  • Keeping sand from blowing around

    Votes: 2 11.8%
  • Balancing flow for different coral types

    Votes: 4 23.5%
  • Creating random or turbulent movement

    Votes: 1 5.9%
  • Finding effective pump placement

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Managing noise or vibration

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Keeping pumps hidden and accessible

    Votes: 1 5.9%
  • I still feel like I’m mostly guessing

    Votes: 4 23.5%
  • Other (Comment in the thread)

    Votes: 0 0.0%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new