Need your help, what is your tank brand?

booth2010

Newb but eager to learn!
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Trigger sumps are really nice, they can do a custom color for a little more if you don't like the colors. Synergy makes awesome sumps in many colors and you can have %100 custom however they are a tad more expensive. If you just do a google search for custom sumps there will be many results.

pilot108

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Customaquariums.com has good reviews and can't beat the prices.
Trigger systems sumps are swesome too.

OP
OP
Berlibee

Berlibee

.Wen Game.
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Tanks:

Planet Aquarium
CustomAquariums.com
Deep Sea Aquatics
Miracles Aquariums
Deep Blue
Reef Savvy
Coast to Coast Aquariums

Sumps:

Trigger
Synergy

wpeterson

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I have a Deep Sea Aquatics (DSA) 90g tank that I've been happy with - solid build quality, nice overflow. However, looking for a link to their catalog it looks like they may have gone out of business?

For sumps, I've been impressed by the Trigger Systems sumps unless you want to build your own. I have a Tideline 30 which has been awesome in terms of quiet flow and good chamber layout. It's nice to have a good refugium and separate skimmer chamber in a smaller space like the 30" model. I've had no issues with splashing or microbubbles due to good inlet chamber design and baffles.

There's more info about our system in my build thread at BAR: http://bareefers.org/forum/threads/hornberson-reef-dsa-90-gallon-mixed-reef.17765/

OP
OP
Berlibee

Berlibee

.Wen Game.
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Thank you, where are the people with Red Sea / JBJ / IM / CAD tanks, I though they're the most popular hmmmm..... :)

B22

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I just bought my second planet aquariums tank. The crystaline 36. My first is a 60 cube form them.
Planet is the builders from DSA that quit and started their own company.
DSA is now out of business I believe (99% sure)

Waboss

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
9   0   0
I have a Red Sea Reefer now, it's pretty darn cool and if you don't want to mess with custom sumps and such, it's a great set up. Plus, the tank/stand combination is just slick to look at.

If I were to do it all over again though, I'd go with either a Reef Savvy or SC Aquariums tank. I know people with both and their pretty nice tanks. For me, there's a lot to be said about being able to size your tank exactly the way you want it......but you do pay for that.

DurocShark

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
My 70 is a used Visio that was given to me. It's slated to be replaced with the custom tank I had made from Advanced Acrylics as soon as I can block out a couple of days. My small tank is a 17 Gallon Mr Aqua that I have heavily modified.

A "standard" tank isn't a bad thing. I like the all in ones, but having an external sump is more appealing to me.

zwulfke

Reefer Extraordinaire
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
All mine are deep blue .. I have seen the Red Sea full set up of the 90 and they guy loves it. If I had my choice custome would be what I would do

furam28

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Planet Aquariums is aggressively marketing to fish stores. Check with your LFS in your area. Chances are, one of them carry Planet Aquarium tanks. Almost all the reef stores in San Antonio do. If you are looking at something smaller, then the Reef Octopus T-90 is a great tank for $315 and free shipping (tank, overflow and plumbing only). You can build your own stand, or use a standard 36" by 18" stand. Its a 48 gallon tank. I know someone who has the T-60 and recommends it.

When to mix up fish meal: When was the last time you tried a different brand of food for your reef?

• I regularly change the food that I feed to the tank.

Votes: 38 24.4%
  • I occasionally change the food that I feed to the tank.

Votes: 52 33.3%
  • I rarely change the food that I feed to the tank.

Votes: 47 30.1%
  • I never change the food that I feed to the tank.

Votes: 15 9.6%
  • Other.

Votes: 4 2.6%

Back