Overflow Options

fishstix

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Upgrading my tank from 220 to 500 gallon tank. Currently I have Exotic Marine Systems overflow which has been awesome setup with bean animal I then have my returns 1 on each side of the overflow drilled in the back of the tank. I like the look of this. The problem is the new tank it been suggested to go with coast to coast overflow.

If I have the builder drill 3 holes in the bottom of the external box I can still setup the bean?

What about my returns? Not a fan of them going over the top. Meeting with builder on Monday to talk about options, but trying to understand what my options are.

Thanks

magallonbuckinbulls

Beers, Bulls, and Reefer
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
returns thru the back panel glass. will need additional holes drilled for bulkheads and add check valves. I like to oversize my check valves. Also add an additional hole for future use.

do you CAD drawing builder?

Dom

Full Time Reef Keeper
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Upgrading my tank from 220 to 500 gallon tank. Currently I have Exotic Marine Systems overflow which has been awesome setup with bean animal I then have my returns 1 on each side of the overflow drilled in the back of the tank. I like the look of this. The problem is the new tank it been suggested to go with coast to coast overflow.

If I have the builder drill 3 holes in the bottom of the external box I can still setup the bean?

What about my returns? Not a fan of them going over the top. Meeting with builder on Monday to talk about options, but trying to understand what my options are.

Thanks

I like the idea of a "coast to coast" overflow. I don't see why you wouldn't be able to install a bean animal with it.

I like symmetry, so dual overflows on each side of the tank appeals to me too. But, when it comes to your system's mechanics, performance should be the sole consideration.

Reefing threads: Do you wear gear from reef brands?

• I wear reef gear everywhere.

Votes: 20 12.8%
  • I wear reef gear primarily at fish events and my LFS.

Votes: 11 7.1%
  • I wear reef gear primarily for water changes and tank maintenance.

Votes: 1 0.6%
  • I wear reef gear primarily to relax where I live.

Votes: 23 14.7%
  • I don’t wear gear from reef brands.

Votes: 90 57.7%
  • Other.

Votes: 11 7.1%
Back