Need your help, what is your tank brand?

furam28

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
CADE. Rimless starphire glass, with sump, plumbing and aluminum stand.
Just googled it. Great looking aquariums. How much would shipping be from Australia to Raleigh, NC. ;)

OP
OP
Berlibee

Berlibee

.Wen Game.
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Why I'm asking is ... for example Red Sea Reefer is around $1500 I was thinking - is it possible to build a better build for the same money by collecting pieces yourself or build even cheaper without loosing in quality? Or it's just losing time ...

FranklinDattein

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hard to say. Red Sea reefers are very customisable, as well.
If you know what you are doing, I would say custom. If you aren't secure,Red Sea reefer will give peace of mind and save some time.

Custom allows for better gear, but also room for mistake.

cmcoker

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I got a planet aquarium 120g, trigger ruby 36 sump, stand, canopy, ATO container used on my local forum. I love it.

furam28

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
You could get a ready-made reef ready tank such as Deep Blue Professional, and then build the stand yourself. That's where most of your customization will be helpful and you can add proper space for your apex, ato, frag tank... It may also save you money. BTW totally dig your 20g tank. You are keeping your sps quite happy in such a small tank - not an easy feat. I myself have a 20g long and love nanos... and sps.

Uncle Bob

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
You should definitely check out Custom Aquariums, good prices, lots of options available and they have developed a really nice overflow and return system. Plus they have stand and complete sump/filters systems sized appropriately for your tank if you are interested.

bobbyM

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Why I'm asking is ... for example Red Sea Reefer is around $1500 I was thinking - is it possible to build a better build for the same money by collecting pieces yourself or build even cheaper without loosing in quality? Or it's just losing time ...

I believe you can get a higher quality tank piecing it together. I've always disliked RedSea's Skimmers and their pumps add a lot of heat to the water.

Planet Aquarium has great tanks! They can custom build anything in a reasonable time.

OP
OP
Berlibee

Berlibee

.Wen Game.
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Thank you very much for each posts guys. Looks like many of you like the Planet Aquariums products. :)

FMF0331

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I was lucky enough to find Elos 160xl ..
I'm custom ordered my sump from PM ( precision marine )

When to mix up fish meal: When was the last time you tried a different brand of food for your reef?

• I regularly change the food that I feed to the tank.

Votes: 35 26.3%
  • I occasionally change the food that I feed to the tank.

Votes: 44 33.1%
  • I rarely change the food that I feed to the tank.

Votes: 41 30.8%
  • I never change the food that I feed to the tank.

Votes: 9 6.8%
  • Other.

Votes: 4 3.0%
Back