Needing a "manual" parastolic doser

  • Thread starter Thread starter RSnodgrass
  • Start date Start date
  • Tagged users Tagged users None

RSnodgrass

Well-Known Member
View Badges
Joined
Mar 18, 2018
Messages
539
Reaction score
857
Location
Lynd, MN
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I'm looking for a doser similar to a mini Kamoer however does not need an app and has a manual button to activate a timed dose.

I can wire in a timer however it lacks the easy programming I'm looking for.

Any ideas?
 
Perhaps a 110v timed relay switch would be easiest but having a hard time finding a good one.
 
The brs dosers are always on unless unplugged or ran on a smart outlet.

You could possibly put them on a timer to set them to run for the right amount of time to dose however much you want.
I'm actually looking for a switch, in that case, that can be inline and run only when the button is pressed for "X" number of micro seconds. Then be able to repeat that action whenever and however frequently I need.

I don't need the precision of a motorized repetitive pipette doser and figure I can find/make something for $1,200 less.

It's not going to be used for dosing but part of a manufacturing process.
 
Inline programmable delay timer and relay wired into the on/off port of a simple peristaltic pump will work. Button press activates the relay, delay timer counts down the time you need, and at the end disengages the load.

Amazon product ASIN B015Z2EQCU
 
Are you actually looking for something that is accurate down to a fraction of a second, surely the millionth of a second is an exaggeration.
 
He said micro! 10^-6 !

Is the human body capable of pushing a switch for such a small amount of time
 
Inline programmable delay timer and relay wired into the on/off port of a simple peristaltic pump will work. Button press activates the relay, delay timer counts down the time you need, and at the end disengages the load.

Amazon product ASIN B015Z2EQCU
That's what I'm looking for, the ones I've used in the past are not particularly friendly for a novice employee to adjust but I may have found a board on Amazon with a readout and separate switch.

Just need to pot it and wire up... and set an extinguisher near by lol.
 
He said micro! 10^-6 !

Is the human body capable of pushing a switch for such a small amount of time
My wife would say yes!

Sorry wasn't using very precise language. Only interested in tenths of a second.
 

TOP 10 Trending Threads

WHICH FLOW PROBLEM IS HARDEST TO SOLVE IN YOUR REEF?

  • Eliminating dead spots

    Votes: 9 23.7%
  • Keeping sand from blowing around

    Votes: 5 13.2%
  • Balancing flow for different coral types

    Votes: 10 26.3%
  • Creating random or turbulent movement

    Votes: 2 5.3%
  • Finding effective pump placement

    Votes: 1 2.6%
  • Managing noise or vibration

    Votes: 2 5.3%
  • Keeping pumps hidden and accessible

    Votes: 2 5.3%
  • I still feel like I’m mostly guessing

    Votes: 7 18.4%
  • Other (Comment in the thread)

    Votes: 0 0.0%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new