Needing help for angel eating coral

BigBundee69

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I had recently purchased a Cream angel because of how amazing it looked at my LFS. However, I made the mistake of not researching it before i purchased it mainly because i really wanted it and my LFS is not so local at 2 hours away. My issue is that I am wanting to do some sps and softies which is mainly the reason i set up my tank. However, now i know that this angel had eaten my xenia and i just thought it was stressed out. Any ideas or alternatives of what to do with the fish or what corals it wont eat?

Thanks everyone.

OP
OP
BigBundee69

BigBundee69

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
If the angelfish is eating your xenia - you've got an awesome helper! I have a few "nippers" but they generally leave most of my soft corals (mushrooms, symphyllia, GSP, etc.) and all my SPS alone.
What would be some good beginner softies youd reccomend in this instance? i have a gsp, a condy anemone and a neon green candy cane, right now but thats it.

blaxsun

10K Club member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
What would be some good beginner softies youd reccomend in this instance? i have a gsp, a condy anemone and a neon green candy cane, right now but thats it.
Zoas, palys, mushrooms, leathers, GSP... those are the typical soft corals most start out with. Candy cane is an LPS, but those should be fine as well. Avoid pulsing xenias like the plague (they can and will overtake your tank if given a chance!)

davidcalgary29

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Grube's gorgonian. Never forget this gorg! It's beautiful and bomb-proof.

I've never heard of an angel going after softies, you lucky duck! I put some dwarf angels and a butterflyfish into a tank with a Kenya Tree jungle, with an eye toward forest management, but they're apparently not into logging.

Creating a strong bulwark: Did you consider floor support for your reef tank?

• I put a major focus on floor support.

Votes: 54 40.3%
  • I put minimal focus on floor support.

Votes: 28 20.9%
  • I put no focus on floor support.

Votes: 48 35.8%
  • Other.

Votes: 4 3.0%
Back