Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hi there,
hope everyone are doing good and safe,

Im New to this forum and already learned a lot. thanks alot,

I'm upgrading from my Innovative Marine Nuvo Fusion 38 gallon to Seapora Crystal 64 gallon rimless tank ( 48x18x18) next week.

I'm running my 40-gallon reef tank with poly filter and Chemi-Pure Blue on all in one aquarium ( no sump or skimmer) and have zero issues so far. corals growing nice and all fish are healthy and happy.( i got 2 AI 16HD light on top of my tank)
I kinda stuck with a new tank filtration system and needs help to choose the best and affordable filtration system. after searching for almost 10 days I have the following options:
1-hang on back filtration system: ( all in Canadian dollars due I live in Canada)
Aqua Clear 110 HOB combined with AQUAMAXX HOB 1.5 Skimmer. ( cost me around $450)

2-Fiji Cube AIO Box All-in-One Kit 3rd Gen - 40 Gallon filtration system ( i have to go with 40 gallons cause my tank is only 18 inches tall) + AQUAMAXX HOB 1.5 Skimmer ( $588)

3-Fiji Cube Fiji-20 Advanced Reef Sump 2nd Gen + modular marine 1600 gph LOW PROFILE Overflow + Bubble Magus BM-Curve 5 Protein Skimmer
+ return pump + soft or hard plumping ( around $1500)

note: my tank cabinet only allow me to add smaller sump like eshoppers RS-75 or fiji 20 ( almost size of 10 gallon tank)
as you see it cost me almost 3x more if I wanna go with the sump system.
I saw lot of successful reef tank videos on you running without sump and skimmer
an you please help me go with the best option i can? even appreciate if suggest me better products as well,

Thanks in advance.

Hemmdog

10K Club member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Do the sump option. I don’t know how your total came out to so much. I got my sump used Trigger emerald 26 for $100($350new), skimmer was $150, return pump jebao dct 6000 ($70 or so), Eshopps overflow($115), plumbing valves/pvc pipe/glue/tools I didn’t have($80)

I’ve had AIO’s in the past, the added stability and space to use a normal skimmer makes using a sump the clear choice.

get a new tank cabinet or build one if it only would fit a 10g, that’s so small.

OP
OP
Crystal.Clear

Crystal.Clear

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Thanks guys. i think im gonna with Fiji Cube Fiji-20 Advanced Reef Sump 2nd Gen + modular marine 1600 gph LOW PROFILE Overflow
i was gonna go for HOB but as you know u cant drill tank after when you setup your stuff. gonna wait little more for now and get some more money to setup my sump

When to mix up fish meal: When was the last time you tried a different brand of food for your reef?

• I regularly change the food that I feed to the tank.

Votes: 37 23.9%
  • I occasionally change the food that I feed to the tank.

Votes: 52 33.5%
  • I rarely change the food that I feed to the tank.

Votes: 47 30.3%
  • I never change the food that I feed to the tank.

Votes: 15 9.7%
  • Other.

Votes: 4 2.6%
Back