Negative Vendor Review: Savage Reef 2.0

  • Thread starter Thread starter rnb
  • Start date Start date
  • Tagged users Tagged users None

rnb

Community Member
View Badges
Joined
Nov 6, 2023
Messages
46
Reaction score
17
Location
Bay Area
What state or country do you live in
California
Not a positive experience. Saw an ad on fb by Savage Reef for some cool torches so I messaged him via fb messenger to make an order. Added 3 heads of a torch he called “Miami Hurricane” to my order, because they looked unique in the picture. It was my first time seeing them with yellow tips. I pay, and at NO point in our conversation did he mention that in person, they are not yellow and actually have pink tips like the regular ones. For good measure, I check with him later on, and only then does he confirm that they do indeed have pink tips in person.

I tell him that I already have them, and ask him to cancel the order which he is hesitant to do, trying to get me to replace it with something else instead, and doesn’t understand why sending a picture like that would be very misleading. It’s a huge red flag when pink shows up bright yellow in your picture. I had another yellow torch in my order which I no longer had the confidence to believe was accurately represented either. He did end up refunding me, then immediately blocked me for his own slip up. Avoid shady sellers like this at all costs!!! Buy at your own risk.

IMG_6970.jpeg IMG_6967.jpeg
 
You have insufficient privileges to reply here.

TOP 10 Trending Threads

WHAT IS THE LOUDEST PART OF YOUR REEF SYSTEM?

  • Return pump

    Votes: 2 3.5%
  • Powerheads or wavemakers

    Votes: 4 7.0%
  • Protein skimmer

    Votes: 14 24.6%
  • Overflow or drain

    Votes: 14 24.6%
  • Sump vibration or plumbing

    Votes: 1 1.8%
  • Cooling fans

    Votes: 9 15.8%
  • Dosing, ATO, or other equipment

    Votes: 2 3.5%
  • Nothing. My reef is surprisingly quiet

    Votes: 8 14.0%
  • Other (Tell us what makes the noise)

    Votes: 3 5.3%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new