nem box question

nanonøkk

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
ok so as a few of you people know my nem has been through a lot but the only problem now is it’s starting to starve it lost most of its color and turned a really dark green and it shrunk in diameter and it’s tenticals shrunk.
so here are my questions i made a nem box for it so i can feed it easier and if things go downhill i can remove it so here are my questions.
first off if it’s at the top of the tank which it is can it bleach the anemone from the light so should i move it down or keep it up there.
and second off can someone lead me to a reef safe magnet because i kinda need my flipper back.
also i just ordered rods food so and a nutrient supplement to soak my shrimp in and other foods but has anyone had any luck feeding rods food to a nem.
also i’m gonna post a few pictures of the box and the nem as well.

8D5DA046-C9B7-430C-924D-BB2636CF6DD5.jpeg A54BB283-AE2B-45F7-A694-C16E6378CD12.jpeg 57242DAF-E3E1-4C79-AFE9-6B9C5FEFD41B.jpeg 45DA454B-BC4C-4D56-9F8A-43A585A735CD.jpeg

eacass02

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I would move it further down to where your other coral are just in case it is too much light. I use ceramic magnets that are reef safe like these:
These ones might not be strong enough to go though the glass but I’ve used them on my overflow to hold netting to keep my smaller fish from ending up in the overflow through the weirs. But I think any ceramic magnets will do

what netting is it you’re using? I’m having trouble getting my clowns to host my nems so I thought about making a box to keep them in with an anemone to try and get them to host easier. The box you made looks like it would be perfect for that

OP
OP
nanonøkk

nanonøkk

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I would move it further down to where your other coral are just in case it is too much light. I use ceramic magnets that are reef safe like these:
These ones might not be strong enough to go though the glass but I’ve used them on my overflow to hold netting to keep my smaller fish from ending up in the overflow through the weirs. But I think any ceramic magnets will do

what netting is it you’re using? I’m having trouble getting my clowns to host my nems so I thought about making a box to keep them in with an anemone to try and get them to host easier. The box you made looks like it would be perfect for that
ok i’ll try to move it down and i’ll take a look at those magnets thanks and it’s like a plastic screen stuff i don’t remember what it’s called but if you look it up you can find some

More than just hot air: Is there a Pufferfish in your aquarium?

• There is currently a pufferfish in my aquarium.

Votes: 30 17.4%
  • There is not currently a pufferfish in my aquarium, but I have kept one in the past.

Votes: 28 16.3%
  • There has never been a pufferfish in my aquarium, but I plan to keep one in the future.

Votes: 32 18.6%
  • I have no plans to keep a pufferfish in my aquarium.

Votes: 74 43.0%
  • Other.

Votes: 8 4.7%
Back