Nem conditions needed

Islandvib3s

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
So I'm thinking about getting a rose bubble tip NEM. But what kind of conditions do they prefer? Should I just move all my corals over and wait to see if it settles in and then place my corals? I mainly just have 2 hammers 2head and 3head. 5 toadstool leathers I just fragged. Zoas.gsp,kenya tree,coral mushrooms .nothing is really anchored in place its just a 20ga so rocks are just stacked.pretty much everything is movable. I have my high flow areas in the top third of the tank.2 powerheads clashing to be kinda random, also a HOB canister. Led bar modified with 2 t5 artic blues.any tips is appreciated and thanks in advance. I currently just have 1 clown,1 damsel,2 emeralds and 1 peppermint shrimp i almost never see.and some snails

20210429_185621.jpg

vetteguy53081

Well known Member and monster tank lover
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
13   0   0
Moderate light and water flow. Lighting is important for them as it produsces their energy source known as Zooxanthele as they are photosynthetic creature and they do require feedings of eith krill or mysis shrimp at least 2x per week.
Nitrate < .5
ammonia < .03
salinity 1.025
temp 77-79
ph 8.1 - 8.3

mdb_talon

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
In my experience a nems favorite place is right where you dont want them! I would say make sure you got nem guards on pumps and let it do its thing and move the coral as needed. Usually once they find a happy spot they will stay there, but may take awhile for them to find it.

As far as conditions i would say as long as there is adequate light and a place they can get moderate flow without being blasted they are pretty forgiving of everything but a tank that is "too clean".

OP
OP
Islandvib3s

Islandvib3s

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
In my experience a nems favorite place is right where you dont want them! I would say make sure you got nem guards on pumps and let it do its thing and move the coral as needed. Usually once they find a happy spot they will stay there, but may take awhile for them to find it.

As far as conditions i would say as long as there is adequate light and a place they can get moderate flow without being blasted they are pretty forgiving of everything but a tank that is "too clean".
Tank too clean? Lol sorry its still a baby tank,maybe 3 or 4 months now.
Temp 78f
Ph 7.5-8
Trate 0
Trite 0
Carb root 60
Hardness 425
Chlorine 0
Alk 180
Iron 0
Copper 0
salinity 1.027
I use test strips for testing,maybe 1x I check salinity and every other week ph. I mostly watch my ALK.

Reefing threads: Do you wear gear from reef brands?

• I wear reef gear everywhere.

Votes: 16 16.5%
  • I wear reef gear primarily at fish events and my LFS.

Votes: 5 5.2%
  • I wear reef gear primarily for water changes and tank maintenance.

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • I wear reef gear primarily to relax where I live.

Votes: 17 17.5%
  • I don’t wear gear from reef brands.

Votes: 51 52.6%
  • Other.

Votes: 8 8.2%
Back