Nem on live rock ID pls

Captain_Glass

Community Member
View Badges
Joined
Nov 19, 2018
Messages
85
Reaction score
61
What state or country do you live in
Florida
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Wife bought this live rock and a couple corals to liven up my tank and this anemone came on it. I’d like to know what it is ideally.
It flares out quite a bit and is probably 2x this size when it does. It’s moved quite a bit since I got new lighting. Went from just a natural daylight t8 to a t5 set up with 2 blue actinic lights and 2 10k 24 watt t5 HO bulbs. It’s eaten a piece of krill since I’ve gotten it. Any ID and feeding recommendations would be helpful.

It’s in what was supposed to be a species only mantis tank but my wife watched finding Nemo and wanted to liven up my tank SMH lol.

8ABF2771-30E7-4DED-A28C-FC91B8F51D2A.jpeg
 
I just fed it a small piece of krill and it took it like a champ I’m just concerned because I think my shrimp is about to molt and having this thing die would probably kill my peacock too. I’m trying to decide whether I should get rid of it as a preventative measure if it’s to far gone or if I should try and nurse it back to health which would make my wife ecstatic and if be happy knowing I saved the life of something as well.
 
It can definitely come back to health, it's attached, and eating.
Agree small foods a couple times a week should do the trick
 

TOP 10 Trending Threads

WHAT DO YOU USUALLY CHECK FIRST WHEN YOU LOOK AT YOUR REEF?

  • A particular fish I enjoy watching

    Votes: 1 2.1%
  • The fish population—making sure everyone is accounted for

    Votes: 13 27.7%
  • Coral extension, color, or growth

    Votes: 16 34.0%
  • Recent additions or other changes

    Votes: 5 10.6%
  • Water clarity or the surface

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Equipment and water movement

    Votes: 1 2.1%
  • Signs of algae, pests, or trouble

    Votes: 3 6.4%
  • I just enjoy the whole scene

    Votes: 5 10.6%
  • Other (Post in the comments)

    Votes: 3 6.4%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new