• Thank you for visiting the R2R Marketplace! Please consider becoming a Supporting Member today! In addition to all the perks of becoming a supporting member, this notice will also be automatically removed! Click here for more details and Happy Reefing!

Nem protector/guards for Tunze's?

Frogs62

Community Member
View Badges
Joined
Feb 23, 2016
Messages
95
Reaction score
21
Location
Sugarland
What state or country do you live in
Texas
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Looking to see if someone has already made or how to go about getting a few made
 
Which Model of Tunze are you thinking of having guards made for? I have some older nano-streams I could I use to make you a guard but I want to make sure they would match your model.
 
Which Model of Tunze are you thinking of having guards made for? I have some older nano-streams I could I use to make you a guard but I want to make sure they would match your model.

I have a few 6105's..... just tell me the $ and I will even advance pay if that would help
 
I think that's my model as well. I will get one cleaned up and take some measurements. I will send you a PM and post here with results. We can do payments when I have it printed out and ready to ship.
 
I think that's my model as well. I will get one cleaned up and take some measurements. I will send you a PM and post here with results. We can do payments when I have it printed out and ready to ship.


Thats awesome.... looking forward to it. I will need 4 so hopefully it will be worth your time
 
Just checking to see if anybody made an progress here. I have a couple Tunze 6105 that I would like a nem guard for. #ludnix
 
Hey thanks for tagging me @jhall2242 . I have a guard prototype but I do need to test it for the 6105. I think I have 6055 or other older model that it fits. I have a version roughly changed for the 6105 but I haven't been able to test it since I only have the older pumps. If someone has an old spare they could send me for testing I can send them a label and will return it with a guard. I can modify it to fit any of the tunze streams so if anyone else has other models they need they can send me a PM.
 
Hey thanks for tagging me @jhall2242 . I have a guard prototype but I do need to test it for the 6105. I think I have 6055 or other older model that it fits. I have a version roughly changed for the 6105 but I haven't been able to test it since I only have the older pumps. If someone has an old spare they could send me for testing I can send them a label and will return it with a guard. I can modify it to fit any of the tunze streams so if anyone else has other models they need they can send me a PM.

I would be willing to pull one out of my tank and send it. I am just curious how it kinda looks first. Do you have any pics of other Tunze models you have done. I just don’t know how you do it with the Tunze yoke that goes around the ball of the powerhead.
 
I would be willing to pull one out of my tank and send it. I am just curious how it kinda looks first. Do you have any pics of other Tunze models you have done. I just don’t know how you do it with the Tunze yoke that goes around the ball of the powerhead.
For mine I have the guard go over the entire armature and an opening on the back to allow the powerhead to redirected as needed. Their design is definitely trickier to make a guard for compared to some other brands, great pumps though.
prototype_render.png

prototype_render_back.png
 

TOP 10 Trending Threads

WHAT IS THE LOUDEST PART OF YOUR REEF SYSTEM?

  • Return pump

    Votes: 4 4.2%
  • Powerheads or wavemakers

    Votes: 6 6.3%
  • Protein skimmer

    Votes: 21 21.9%
  • Overflow or drain

    Votes: 29 30.2%
  • Sump vibration or plumbing

    Votes: 1 1.0%
  • Cooling fans

    Votes: 9 9.4%
  • Dosing, ATO, or other equipment

    Votes: 7 7.3%
  • Nothing. My reef is surprisingly quiet

    Votes: 12 12.5%
  • Other (Tell us what makes the noise)

    Votes: 7 7.3%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new