Nem wont grow

  • Thread starter Thread starter Eddie7144
  • Start date Start date
  • Tagged users Tagged users None

Eddie7144

Well-Known Member
View Badges
Joined
Jun 3, 2014
Messages
977
Reaction score
569
Location
nyc
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I got this BTA like 3 months ago. It look great and all. It split like 2 months ago and both NEMS look good I feed them twice a week they eat look healthy never walked around the tank ( thankk God ) . My only complaint is they dont grow. Never kept a NEM so are they real slow growers or is their something more i can do ?

20171115_181854.jpg
 
From That Picture it looks like the Anemone is Bleached. Main source would be not enough light. Anemones get most of their nutrition from light, so my question is what light do you have, what intensities are you running it at, how far away from the light to the nem. Also yes. they can be slow growers.
 
It's not bleached , it's under led lights, in the middle of the tank, not shaded at all. Took pic with my phone. The body is green and has bright pink bubble tips
 
Should I love them ? Place one on the sand bed and one higher up ? See what happens ?
 
Should I love them ? Place one on the sand bed and one higher up ? See what happens ?

They will move to where they want unfortunately. If they look healthy I️ would leave them. They can be slower growers than some other corals.
 
In that case, I guess They are happy where they are, haven't moved in 3 months.
 

TOP 10 Trending Threads

WHICH FLOW PROBLEM IS HARDEST TO SOLVE IN YOUR REEF?

  • Eliminating dead spots

    Votes: 6 27.3%
  • Keeping sand from blowing around

    Votes: 3 13.6%
  • Balancing flow for different coral types

    Votes: 6 27.3%
  • Creating random or turbulent movement

    Votes: 1 4.5%
  • Finding effective pump placement

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Managing noise or vibration

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Keeping pumps hidden and accessible

    Votes: 2 9.1%
  • I still feel like I’m mostly guessing

    Votes: 4 18.2%
  • Other (Comment in the thread)

    Votes: 0 0.0%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new