Nems touching?.?.?

MERKEY

Cronies
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
Just curious if anyone else has had their 2 different types of nems end up next to each other.

I understand they will split and then live next to each other but I have 2 different nems...1 rainbow bubble tip and one rose bubble tip. The 2 are very different in shape and size as well as came from 2 different parts of the country.

Do all nems just get along? I always thought they were solitary lol

20191207_111040.jpg

Ron Reefman

Lets Go Snorkeling!
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
It just an opinion, but I think your two bubble tips will be OK next to each other.

Nems that are really different may or may not get along as well.

OP
OP
MERKEY

MERKEY

Cronies
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
It just an opinion, but I think your two bubble tips will be OK next to each other.

Nems that are really different may or may not get along as well.
Thank you, any opinions help! The larger rose tip has been roaming the tank for a good week. And then ended up where he is.

Nirther one shrinks when their tenticals touch and they cross tenticals quite a bit and their bases are touching. Well they are grounded next to each other.

Just trying to make sure no one has had a nem kill another in this weird situation lol

45ZoaGarden

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
They will be fine as that is normal. Rainbow bubble tips and rose bubble tips are the same species with different colorations. Just like green zoanthids can be next to orange zoanthids, orange bta’s can be next to red bta’s. However if it was a long tentacle anemone and the rbta I would be concerned. Here’s my two rbtas;)

342E1955-885F-4D34-B579-8BE319CC6B4B.jpeg

OP
OP
MERKEY

MERKEY

Cronies
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
They will be fine as that is normal. Rainbow bubble tips and rose bubble tips are the same species with different colorations. Just like green zoanthids can be next to orange zoanthids, orange bta’s can be next to red bta’s. However if it was a long tentacle anemone and the rbta I would be concerned. Here’s my two rbtas;)

342E1955-885F-4D34-B579-8BE319CC6B4B.jpeg
This is what I thought but wanted to check with real world peeps lol

Unlike coral, they have the ability to move. So if they were getting stung, they would probably just move away.

So true! The rose has been moving all week and decided on this spot lol

Thanks for the replies!

Looking back to your reefing roots: Did you start with Instant Ocean salt?

• I started with Instant Ocean salt.

Votes: 172 72.9%
  • I did not start with Instant Ocean salt, but I have used it at some point.

Votes: 17 7.2%
  • I did not start with Instant Ocean salt and have not used it.

Votes: 42 17.8%
  • Other.

Votes: 5 2.1%
Back