Neon goby and emerald crab?

Bitchwheur?

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I have a huge male emerald crab, he's really big has really big class, and does that thing where it lifts it's class up and shows off. He frequently tries to get at my clownfish, but I think my clown fish is fine, although i think it's a possibility he could get him, it's unlikely. I decided to get a neon goby, I already got him, my emeralds in a little container, I want to know if they would be okay together, the person at my lfs said no, but I've been doing research and can't quite find the right answer.

sbash

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Crabs in general seem to have a wide range of personalities. There are plenty of people who have not had an issue, and plenty of people who have had emeralds eat their snails, fish and corals. For example, I have a halloween hermit, which is a great addition, but it seems to like killing any large invert I get (not shrimp); so I would not risk getting a cucumber or a slug, or whatever.

The right answer is probably something along the lines of not risking it... However, it might be fine. Keep in mind neon gobies are perching fish, which make them easy targets for a wandering crab.

goatcorals

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
My neon stays nearer the top of the tank perched on corals and rocks. He perches 100% whenever he's not cleaning a fish. I think my emeralds are herbivores, but I don't have any big ones.

OP
OP
Bitchwheur?

Bitchwheur?

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I decided to take my emerald to the lfs, thanks for the information.

Looking for the spotlight: Do your fish notice the lighting in your reef tank?

• My fish seem to regularly respond to the lighting in my reef tank.

Votes: 108 75.0%
  • My fish seem to occasionally respond to the lighting in my tank.

Votes: 15 10.4%
  • My fish seem to rarely respond to the lighting in my tank.

Votes: 9 6.3%
  • My fish seem to never respond to the lighting in my tank.

Votes: 3 2.1%
  • I don’t pay enough attention to my fish to notice if they respond to the lighting.

Votes: 4 2.8%
  • I don’t have any fish in my tank.

Votes: 3 2.1%
  • Other.

Votes: 2 1.4%
Back