Is it my emerald crab?

Bougie

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I know there's lots of posts on do emerald crabs eat zoas. Sounds hit or miss. I have 3 zoa frags. Just got an emerald crab and a purple dottyback. Ever since the zoas have looked like crap. The frags weren't glued down well and I keep finding them on the bottom of the tank and I have to pick them back up. Now one looks like it got part of it eaten. Is it the emerald crab? I also have 2 clownfish, 1 diamond goby, 4 hermit crabs, 1000 snails

PXL_20240205_145928558.jpg

Newbiereefer98

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hard to say for sure unless you catch them in the act. Crabs in general for me have always been hit or miss. In my current tank I have removed all hermits and emeralds as I find they do more harm than good.

TattooedReef27

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I have never had a emerald mess with my zoas other than walking on them just keep a eye on the. Check ur tank at night time

OP
OP
B

Bougie

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Well I caught the SOB (emerald crab) in the act. He wasn't eating the zoas per se, but he was aggressively picking around them and kind of squeezing the polyps. So I think he has to go :_(

littlefoxx

5000 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I know there's lots of posts on do emerald crabs eat zoas. Sounds hit or miss. I have 3 zoa frags. Just got an emerald crab and a purple dottyback. Ever since the zoas have looked like crap. The frags weren't glued down well and I keep finding them on the bottom of the tank and I have to pick them back up. Now one looks like it got part of it eaten. Is it the emerald crab? I also have 2 clownfish, 1 diamond goby, 4 hermit crabs, 1000 snails

PXL_20240205_145928558.jpg
Ive had emeralds eat zoas. I usually find them dead on the zoa…

Reefing threads: Do you wear gear from reef brands?

• I wear reef gear everywhere.

Votes: 20 13.8%
  • I wear reef gear primarily at fish events and my LFS.

Votes: 10 6.9%
  • I wear reef gear primarily for water changes and tank maintenance.

Votes: 1 0.7%
  • I wear reef gear primarily to relax where I live.

Votes: 22 15.2%
  • I don’t wear gear from reef brands.

Votes: 82 56.6%
  • Other.

Votes: 10 6.9%
Back