Neon Goby

revaltion131

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
+1 They were the first fish I lost when I had my ich outbreak. If you're looking for an animal just to be a cleaner animal and shrimp are an option, I'd go with a cleaner shrimp. I have liked my neons just for the flavor in general, but none of them have been exceptional cleaner fish.

lvsuckerfish

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I love my cleaner wrasse he is always on all my fish I never seen any ICH.. (knock on wood) I would love to have a cleaner shirmp as I hear they are great at cleaning fish also but my eel doesn't allow me to have one..... and for my tank I am tang heavy 5 total in the 100 gal pblue pbrown yellow regal and naso all love each other and get along great.

Robthorn

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Mine is a cleaner. after adding a new fish and they get a little spotty my neon always goes after them. When I stick my arm in the tank it tries to clean my arm. Neons don't die when treating for red bugs either.

Coral Keeper

Reef Keeper
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I have a Neon Goby and a Cleaner Shrimp in my 180 reef. They are both AWESOME!! Here is a picture of my Neon Goby cleaning the Brown-Eared Surgeonfish (Acanthurus gahhm) or (Acanthurus nigricauda).(the Surgeon fish is about 8 inches long)
dmz9z7.jpg

2whlahy.jpg

hupvz5.jpg

pwoller

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I have an ora cleaner gody, I figured no way he would have the instinct to clean but he does. Now I'm no expert so I cant tell you what if anything he is actually cleaning, but its entertaining to watch him get bucked off the other fish like a rodeo cowboy of a bull.

Back